ALL IN ONE!

andlid

Just got myself a new HTC phone, had cracked my G1 a month ago and couldnt be arsed repairing it when a new HTC phone would cost me the same...

Went out and got a HTC DESIRE, have to say I do love the HTC and Android OS but holy feck this is a cool piece of kit... compared to my old G1 it's like nothing I've seen so far on the smartphone market... and compared to an Iphone...well you can't compare... its amazing in every aspect... was out for meal and drinks just now and thought hey I'll try google maps to see if it's got any better on this firmware... I did and AMAZED that they've put on the google navigate stuff on the Android 2.1 (should have read up on this prior to buying but hey....) it's amazing getting a full featuered sat nav and phone in one with google earth views! Whoohoo bonus for me since I crapped my garmin nuvi last year travelling on my bike. If you've not looked into HTC yet... then DO! the new 1Ghz CPU's give some amazing performance and they've finally stopped closing down apps and reopen them when you need to re-access them, currently using full caching and multitasking... I'm happy harry! woohoo more wino! The word wrap in the browser is sweet too!

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/desir ... ation.html

great Saturday! :dance:

:lol: I know its always the last thing i do when i get a new phone as well! I hardly ever make a call on mine! I have heard good things about HTC - glad you like it!

absolutely love it... blinding fast! It's the same as my G1 since it's the same os only faster :D and better screen... and and and ... :p

i'm due a new phone in june and i must admit i've never bought the same phone twice, i currently have an iphone,

its going to be either the new 4g when it comes or possibly some kind of HTC.

will have to look into it.

PLEASE for your own sake give the newer HTC's a chance ... I'd get anything higher then a 'legend' >>> the biggest advantage is that you don't need to use itunes! :D

From what I've read the new Iphone 4G is a disappointment... everyone to their own though and pretty bias... but hey don't like the Iphone so they need to be far better then HTC for me to get one... and they are not :p

All mobiles should be banned and crushed. Dam pesky things. I am quite sure some people would commit suicide if they had their mobiles taken off them for a week. My son has a iphone and he does nothing but stare at the screen all day long. When a app comes along that wipes my arse goes to work for me and washes my car i will get one. :lol:

:wheelchair::lol:

have a cuppa and go and listen to the wireless Dave! :lol:

Actually i am a gadget whore Nixy, but i just dont get it with mobiles :shrug:

Actually i have a nice DAB radio Nixy ;)

I think the thing with smart phones is that its become less of a phone that you can do extra stuff on and more of a gadget that you can use as a phone too. I have a Blackberry but i'd quite like an iphone simply because I use my ipod all the time wherever I go because i'm a big music fan - so to me an ipod that you can make a call from would be perfect. I quite like my Blackberry though and i've become a bit of a FB addict since I got it which is rather alarming........its just too easy!

my phone is also my diary and alarm clock and planner and music player and internet browser (when on the loo) etc it does everything that i used to have about 5 different devices for.

will definitely look into the HTC

which network are they on?

my phone is also my diary and alarm clock and planner and music player and internet browser (when on the loo) etc it does everything that i used to have about 5 different devices for.

will definitely look into the HTC

which network are they on?

not sure in the UK here they are on Meteor, O2 and Vodafone.. seems that O2 and Vodafone are a bit slow in the uptake.. think its because they want to feck around and make their own image os for them... Meteor dont seem to bother which is nice, the G1 was a rooted developer phone using T1 Mobile (is that over there?) Seriously it does it all even though I think yuo should stick to a newspaper in the loo and not use electric goods that could be dropped!!! :D

I've have a few smart phones including HTC.

I now have an Iphone. The reason???? It's so slick and easy.

Windows based phones are best for uber geeks that constantly want to tweak software and develop stuff.

Windows based phones are best for uber geeks that constantly want to tweak software and develop stuff and have no life .

:lol:

Windows

Windows based phones are best for uber geeks that constantly want to tweak software and develop stuff.

:scare: Windows best for geeks? More stuff for Linux. then Windows these days! Never heard anyone going from HTC to iPhone! What HTC phone did you use?

Almost worth twittering that one! ;):lol:

did a bit of reading last night, seems the HTC battery life is a bit shocking, some people haveing to recharge it everyday. suppose it depends on how much you use it and what you do on it.

will probably end up with another iphone