RAYS refurbishment

andyvvc

Im going to get my RAYS refurb'd soon. Fella from ChipsAway is coming out on Friday to assess the cost. Also hoping to get some scratches on the drivers side door and a dent fixed too. The same bloke sorted the rust spot at the front-tip of one of my wings months ago and did an excellent job. Hopefully this isn't gonna cost that much, maybe sub £250 if i can wangle it :teeth:

Has anyone had the standard 18" RAYS refurb'd in a different colour? I was thinking about a darker silver, or maybe anthracite so they stand out a little more from my silver Zed?

I think the bloke said 50 quid a wheel. Might have been 60. Full refurb in colour of my choice...anthracite sounds good tbh. I may be able to knock him down cost-wise. He's the local franchisee for ChipsAway, with a bit of luck the quote he gives me will be more of a guide price than set-in-stone. And with luck the scratches on the door can be polished out or touched up.

Black RAYS sound too....common :p

a lot for the time your location plays a big part in the final cost. some areas are more expensive than others.

BJV engineering are the cheapest i've come across, if you can be without wheels for a week and send them to them they'll do it for about £160. or i think £190 if you drive down for the day, but i worked out for me that with petrol etc it would cost more than going to my local place.

Booked for May 17th to have refurb done (decided on TVR dark anthracite colour which should suit the blade silver Zed). Also got the local dent repair guy coming over same day to sort drivers door dent out. Car should look good-as-new for the Wales run.....despite having 99764 miles on the clock :lol: