Blackout Headlights.....

cfoster

has anyone on here attempted this yet? Seen a few posts on my350z.com and quite fancy giving it a go. Not too worried about baking the lights to get the lense off, but concerned about what bits to paint and what not to paint! Done a quick search on here and found nothing! Also matt or gloss black?!

Anyone got any decent pics?

Hi mate i have a set of gloss internals and a set of matt internals for the older style lights all ready prepared , ill post up some details later as im off to work just now and dont have time

cheers Paul

I have black internals and had no problems with the police or anything like that lol

Thats cos all the Strathclyde Police spend there time sat outside the Garage waiting for some easy lifts!

I have black internals and had no problems with the police or anything like that lol

So no issues at MOT time? I was told that the insides need to be reflective so that you get the most light out...and without the reflection it is not as bright/illegal

I really want to do this mod but it will have to be black all the way ;) Its popular in the states and i managed to pm one chap who had this and he did not have any night driving issues

I don't think it will be illegal and also if it will make much difference on the brightness as the zed's light is a projector type light. There a loads of cars with this type of arrangement and black internal surround ;)

I do really like the look of that one, and in my eyes i would not see the need for the reflectors as you say the headlights are projected and not reflected...

Obviously the reflectors are for your high beams and indicators but the bulbs are actually really bright and i think the light they create would suffice.. (and who needs high beams? :shrug::lol: )