Japanese audio - about to skip it

nixy

I still have all the equipment that came with my zed when i imported it. It had quite a high spec audio set up which i took out because it was all japanese. I don't believe it can be converted into anything of much use but the bits may be of use or not - I really don't know. I am literally gonna chuck it out when I move house as its just in a box in my garage.

Flip up DVD / CD / TV / Sat Nav with remote control

Separate CD / radio Head unit

TV tuner

Anyone wants to try and do something with it and is going to Wales then they can have it (if I can fit it all in the car.........)

nope just the TV tuner, i'm making a guess that it should work over here :shrug:

I dont think it will as we are PAL and im sure over there its NTSC. I think

i think my new headunit plays both

I think Jap TV is a hybrid of both PAL & NTSC IIRC

wiki quote

NTSC-J

Only Japan's variant "NTSC-J" is slightly different: in Japan, black level and blanking level of the signal are identical (at 0 IRE), as they are in PAL, while in American NTSC, black level is slightly higher (7.5 IRE) than blanking level. Since the difference is quite small, a slight turn of the brightness knob is all that is required to correctly show the "other" variant of NTSC on any set as it is supposed to be; most watchers might not even notice the difference in the first place