Bye bye Cyprus, I'm coming home!

NWZ

Well hi all,

It's been a while since I posted on here, some of you might recall I moved to Cyprus as I secured a contract over here, anyway, Cyprus is a lovely place but very very expensive to survive unless you are a millionaire out here. Plus they are nutters on the road, I am so fedup with being cut up, tailgated, seeing the amount of accidents on the road is quiet scary.

So I'm after some advice, I'm going to be working in London when I return in 2 weeks, I'll be taking my house back in North Wales so I will be commuting to the big smoke weekly. I would love another zed buy I think it will be a shame just to run it on motorways. I am 200% sure I will but another zed but not just yet.

This time I am going to be sensible, my mortgage is priority and I want it paid ASAP plus I'm fed up with losing so much money on cars it's heartbreaking. Any tips on a decent diesel - my budget is around 8k, I've seen some high miler 320d se for around this price. What would you buy as a good commuter doing around 500 miles a week? Audi A4? Beemer? VW? Or should I just be super sensible and buy an older 3 series for around 5k?

Maybe I'll try and see if I can catch up with you all at the Bala run.

Cheers for now....Mark.

Welcome back bud... you can pick up zeds for £8k now. ;)

If it were me buying an oil burner, i'd see if i could stretch to a 530d... think they're under £10k now. Bit more class than the current shape 3 series.

I wouldnt buy an e46 bmw though, they were poor build quality imho, and the platform was very similar to the e36... (either that or mine was just a lemmon!)

530d is the way forward - They go on forever!!!

Welcome back bud... you can pick up zeds for £8k now. ;)

If it were me buying an oil burner, i'd see if i could stretch to a 530d... think they're under £10k now. Bit more class than the current shape 3 series.

I wouldnt buy an e46 bmw though, they were poor build quality imho, and the platform was very similar to the e36... (either that or mine was just a lemmon!)

Cheers guys, I knew it would be dangerous coming on here. Trouble is I so miss the zed and could I take a hit on the fuel costs? And I know I will find driving a diesel as dull as hell. But I know the zed will probably cost 4k a year more in fuel.

Out of interest, how much is a full tank of VPower these days?