Painting calliper...

andlid

Decided after Stacey joined to go get me some calliper paint and some heat spray (grey aluminium paint) for the discs. Went to Halfords and had a wee look. Picked up 3 brushes (metal) and 1 little tiny brush followed by the grey spray paint and what I thought was blue paint (no green :thumbdown: ) since I thought the blue would match nicely with the yellow brake pads the blue tins had a turquoise look on them and wasn't sure if it was blue or not but saw that someone had thought the same as me and opened the lid of the tin I looked at and it looked nicely dark blue! Put that one down (didn't want an open one now did I!), picked up the one next to it (also turquoise blue) and went to the till. Went to my garage around the corner to pick up a new car jack since the one I got from LIDL is busted with a capital B... noticed then that the local motor factors is cheaper on most things compared to Halfords... :teeth: typical... got a great spin in the Z though (he he)

Once home lifted the car and took the wheel off... opened my tin and noticed the inside was red :scare: looked at the tin and saw it stated RED... feck they all had turquoise outside and black labels stating the colour inside... ah well I'm going for RED callipers so :dance:

Here are a few before shots:

SNV35291.JPG

SNV35292.JPG

SNV35293.JPG

SNV35294.JPG

Here are a few after and during shots:

SNV35296.JPG

SNV35298.JPG

SNV35299.JPG

SNV35305.JPG

SNV35306.JPG

SNV35307.JPG

SNV35308.JPG

SNV35309.JPG

SNV35311.JPG

Left it at 3 coats of paint, might do another one tomorrow, was trying to find my platinum shims for my brake pads that I bought for ZMANALEX but to no avail so if I find them tonight I’ll put on a 4th coat on that one.

Think it looks smashing considering I did it for starters and that it was very little monies to achieve that look. I'm wondering though it there is something I could do with the internals of the wheel... had a look at it and its seen better days... not a clean would sort it out... could I clean it and then just spray it with the aluminium spray?

:blink:

A

(only 3 more to do... :evil: )

good effort, but i wouldn't do more than 2-3 coats at most.

to thick and apparently it can lift. was reading some painting guides for brake calipers recently. although those guides were talking about spraying.

Might leave it so, looks awesome as it is :D

i laquered up brake calipers when i did them but ontop of the decals once applied keeps them looking new looking for a very long time

not a bad idea.. will the lacquer take the heat from the callipers though?

:#1: FECKING succes finally after over 8 hours of looking I found my shims!

2010-04-15%2016.14.08.jpg to late now to even start thinking about getting my hands on the car... everywhere is a mess, looks like someone came in and robbed the house... 3 TIMES!

:teeth:

didn't have any petrol resistant stuff in the shed so no laquer this time, will need to revisit the front callipers soon enough to fit these fecking shims :rant:;)

A few more photos:

Just needs lowering, new tyres/wheels and spacers... and a big brake kit now... :dummy:

SNV35326.JPG

SNV35327.JPG

SNV35328.JPG

SNV35329.JPG

SNV35336.JPG

SNV35338.JPG

SNV35339.JPG

SNV35340.JPG

SNV35341.JPG

SNV35342.JPG

SNV35343.JPG

SNV35344.JPG