URGENT!

Glennc91

Hi guys,

as some of you know i have a 2005 GT4 and i have just taken her in as the handbrake was playing up.

the garage, who i do trust, has informed me, my rear discs and pads all need replacing, with discs costing 187 quid each from nissan and pads are also rediculously expensive. there is also a fitting kit involved somewhere aswell. total bill 768 quid.

is there anyone on here who knows where i can get these bits at a more reasonable price?!

they are waiting for me to call back and confirm before ordering today

If you are lloking for a good fast road set up and won't be tracking it try:

EBC Turbo grove discs or EBC Ultimax discs

Ferodo DS2500s

You could replace all four corners for cheaper than Nissan stuff and have better braking :):thumbs:

If you are lloking for a good fast road set up and won't be tracking it try:

EBC Turbo grove discs or EBC Ultimax discs

Ferodo DS2500s

You could replace all four corners for cheaper than Nissan stuff and have better braking :):thumbs:

That is exactly the setup I have and they are much cheaper than nissan and great brakes for everyday use. Plus the patterning matches my Rays :clap:

well i ordered front pads from nissan through this garage a couple of weeks back so they have already been fitted, so i will do those next time theyre due, but as for the rears i am desperate for them as of now.

so all you guys reading this who know what theyre talking about recommend the

EBC Turbo groove discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads for the rear?

if ive got that right i need them asap!!!

lol, what would i do without you guys :clap:

well i ordered front pads from nissan through this garage a couple of weeks back so they have already been fitted, so i will do those next time theyre due, but as for the rears i am desperate for them as of now.

so all you guys reading this who know what theyre talking about recommend the

EBC Turbo groove discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads for the rear?

if ive got that right i need them asap!!!

lol, what would i do without you guys :clap:

Hmm. I'm not sure if fitting DS2500 pads on the rear with standard pads on the front is a good idea.

The front/rear braking effectiveness will be different and you might end up with too much rear and not enough front (like my mate's wife (boom boom)). Whether it is enough to matter I can't say but someone more technical may be able to advise.