Cardiff Centre Car Parks

chris84

I need help from someone who lives in Cardiff.

I'm stopping in the Parc Hotel (1 Park Place , CARDIFF, CF10 3UD) in Cardiff Centre over May bank holiday. Can anyone tell me from experience which car parks near the hotel are 24/7 and more importantly 350z safe? Don't want to get stuck on a ramp or anything :)

Have seen this one at the bottom of the road but it looks like a scary multi storey car park which isn't zed compatible, correct me if I'm wrong. NCP Dunfries Place

Thanks in advanced

Standard height car & dumfries will fine. Its not the safest car park either, ive had mine broken into there :( i wouldnt really trust any of the car parks with my z overnight though. Imo the capitol or knox road would be the best of a bad bunch - they are both round the corner from the ncp & a standard height z will be ok.

Wherever you park though it will be expensive - dumfries is 40p per 15mins :surrender:

Does the hotel not have parking?

no car park, just says parking available nearby at £13 overnight. Always forget how lucky I am with a secure manned 24/7 car park at work in Leeds City Centre which we can use any time for free.

Park on my drive :p

Thanks for the offer. Wouldn't want to inconvenience you though especially since we'll be visiting friends and scooting about over the weekend while we're there so we'd need easy access to the car. Obviously don't know where you are in Cardiff but I guess it's not in the centre so it's probably easier to go with Ians recommendations even though he doesn't paint a great picture of the car parks :wacko:

Chris

I'm just outside the centre unfortunately but it's nice and quiet round here. In my opinion the best car park would be the John Lewis one. I've parked in there many times with no problems, it's brand new so the spaces are some of the best and it's very secure as far as I know there are security guards there all night as it's part of the new St Davids centre and the best part is it's £1 from the hours of 6pm-7am and only something like £1 an hour outside those hours. It's a short walk from Park Plaza but worth it in my opinion as I have left mine there over night before ;)