Help... How do i get to the sub?

marzman

Hey all,

a long time since i've asked for anything on here... :lol: I've been searching for 30mins but cant find anything...

I dont have factory bose or anything, so have the large space behind my drivers seat. I have a good quality 12" sub and amp just sat in my other car at the moment, and want to try it out in the zed.

I need to remove the trim from behind the seat in order to be able to get a custom sub box in there but cant find a guide anywhere. :shrug:

Anyone point me to a guide, or tell me which trim pieces to remove and how?? Might have a bash over the long weekend. :)

What they said,except if your zeds like mine with you not having a bose & sub then youl need to remove more than that to actually get anything in there.

Remove the screw either side of the rear of the centre console & the screw under the ash tray as youl need to lift this a little,next you need to remove the rear 1/4 trims so you can take the rest off.

Open the glove box,undo the screws by the clasp then undo the two bolts at the back so you can remove the glove box, carefully remove the cig lighter & unclip the awkward plug on the back of that.

Remove the panel over the sub space as the others said,next you need to remove the front panel by getting your fingers in,or a trim tool etc & gently remove the tabs right across.

Now comes the part where i managed to lift the centre console enough to slide out the front panel,now all you need to do is undo the metal plate that the sub sits on on and taaa daaaa :thumbs:

HTH Chris

Yeah your tellin me mate, since i removed the n/s 1/4 trim not long after getting the zed last year the sod wont go back on properly,around the back of the 1/4 glass just pops back out again :rant:

Not to mention you get new rattles,especially with the help of a k1 :lol:

grrr facor 10 mr spoc .... got the trims clear enough to ge tot the bolts but the 2 middle ones at the bottom just wont budge ! i cant seems to get a spanner on enough for the heads to undo them.

anyone got any ideas or sneaky methods of gripping those two where it curves ?

started down the grinding route to put a slot in it..... gave the bigger pair of molegrips + locking them on silly tight ago and ..... of they came but my gosh why did nissan do them up so tight !

like 10+ bolts all yanked up to hold that POS bose speaker !

started down the grinding route to put a slot in it..... gave the bigger pair of molegrips + locking them on silly tight ago and ..... of they came but my gosh why did nissan do them up so tight !

like 10+ bolts all yanked up to hold that POS bose speaker !

:lol::lol:

yeah got it out in the end but as i said af ew of the bolts wanted to round off they were done up soo tight !

now time to either make a simple mdf box or break out the fiberglass again. the space is pretty big so its justa case of if it will pull out of the space easy or not.

upwardsfireing ? what the heck !

il prob go FG but it hinges on if i go ported as if i do then il have to make a cusotm facia for it since th ebso eone doesnt have naywher for the port to vent .

shall be fun or a royal pain maing it either way !

The sub face points upwards :lol:

Well i wish you all the best,i can imagine it being very annoying trying to get something in there,like you said theres plenty of room in there but not alot to get it in :bangin: my box will even be a tight squeeze when its got a sub in too