Car reversed into last night

player2301

On the works car park by another BOBBY !!!!

Hit it reversing with his tow-bar....

I called my insurance as ill take it through them so theres no messing about as i need a car !

Any idea on the damage as its moved the bumper and took a chunk out the armour guard and the bumper? ? ?

sorry about pics took just with iphone ...

The bumper line has shifted all round the car !!

IMG_0241.jpg

damage to bumper and armour guard

IMG_0242.jpg

Oh insurance reckons i will get a like for like car !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a 1.1 fiesta then

One of my colleagues was supposed to pick his new 1.8turbo Passat company car today but got a call saying there was an electrical fault..... They offered him a Polo to tide him over :lol::lol:

He rang back asking if it was an April fools joke :rant: , Then he got a call saying he could have a 2.0 turbo Scirrocco..... I went out with him in it and its pretty cool B)

Hope you get the bumper sorted..... Least with it being a fellow copper there was not much chance of him leaving the scene :lol::lol:

Shame about the incident Gav but it will polish out easy :teeth:

I always knew rosser can drive ;)

On a serious note the damage is minimal and i reckon the fixing at the side of the bumper have moved/bent or pop out and will be sorted easily. looks like the chip is just partial thickness and some filling and paintig will give you a nice shinny result with all stone chips sorted B)

However i suspect because you are using the insurance they will just swap the bumper for a new one :scare:

If the other party had admitted fault and you claim through his insurance yous wont increase. I would get an estimate for the body work and see if you pal wants to pay for it himself, he will have an excess anyways. We charge about £170 plus vat to paint a bumper...

Shame its happend mate but atleast you know who did it. :teeth:

I had a no fault claim that I declared to insurance. I was walking back to my car (run around Astra) when a car hit it and two others. It was written off.

My premium went up. I questioned it and they said 'Statistically if you have a no fault claim then the next claim will be a fault one'

I moaned a bit. I said I wasn't in the car etc.... Then I asked them to calculate the increase for subsequent years and transfer me to the legal department so I could add this to my claim on the other driver.

They gave in and gave me it for the price it should be with no accidents.

Just come off the phone with the insurance they wanted me toi take my car to PLECK AUTO BODIES, WALSALL...

HMMMMM ok i thought knowing the area id rather not but ill have a look at the garage any way just got a call from AUTO bodies asking me to take car over... Heres the conversation

THEM= HELLO PLECK AUTO BODIES

ME= HI MATE HOWS THINGS YOU CALLING ABOUT THE CAR

THEM=SORRY CANT TUNDERSTAND YOU

ME= THE 350 Z FOR REPAIR

THEM= HOLD ON ILL GET SOMEONE

THEM= HELLO

ME=HI MATE ITS ABOUT THE REPAIR TO MY CAR

THEM= HI MORRIS

ME= HELLO ITS MR MORRIS YES WHEN CAN I BRING MY CAR OVER

THEM= SORRY MORRIS ILL GET SOMEONE

ME= *at this point i start thinking * is this the garage for me lol :scare:

THEM= HI MR MORRIS LET ME JUST GET YOUR PAPER WORK

cool i thought he can speak clear full english

THEM= MR ERIC MORRIS NISSAN 350 Z

ME= GAVIN MORRIS :headhurt:

THEM= YES ERIC MORRIS

ME= GAVIN MATE ITS GAVIN

THEM= I DONT UNDERSTAND

ME= I THINK ILL SPEAK WITH MY INSURANCE BYE !!!!!

THEM= WERE OPEN TILL 5 :wacko:

OBVIOUSLY i hang up as i cant speak whatever language this garage requires for me to tell them simple instructions..

So i call insurance and ask them if they have any translators available to book my car in

( THIS JOKE DIDNT GO WELL )

SO now my car is booked in some where else i called them and they can understand me and i can understand themn JOB DONE !!!!

the insurance said if i wanted to use my own garage i will have to pay the excess and i might not get it back ...

she didnt really want to explainm it to me that much so i guess im stuck where to take it as i dont have £600 excess

Insurance update just cancelled my claim with my insurance as the third party insurance has called stating me to take it to a garage of my chioce and they will provide me with a hire car they said a merc or bmw ? ? ? lol

Also because its there fault no excess and no hassle just got to take it to a garage !!!

Took it to one down the road that does performance c ars ie had a 911 bmw bentley in at the time !!

They said they will do it and my rear bumper at the same time :blush:

I need a new fromt bumper and armour guard again all over the front only thing is now the bumper will look mint but i got stone chips on the bonnet that will stand out like a saw thumb :yuck: