MOTORISED NUMBER PLATE BRACKET FITTED!!

alessandro

:yahoo: Motorised number plate now fitted!!!!!!!

First of all thanks to RTBSCUITS for organizing this and Ross at JAPEX for the fitting.

Plate in:

Photo0081.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

The bracket that Ross ahd to make in order to fit the frame:

Photo0080.jpg

Plate out:

Photo0079.jpg

Here is where I was thinking to stick the controller, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Photo0083.jpg

And a Video!

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu31 ... eo0003.flv

Few very minor issues, the bracket doesn't retract completely because of the radiator and once the plate is out it's a bit wobbly, a part from this I REALLY LOVE IT,REALLY COOL B)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stirling job there mate, looks really good. :thumbs:

glad you liked it and the GB worked out.

as for the wobbles, i plan to use the tow hook eye thing i got from nurrish's GB, it sticks out abit, so i'm hoping the numberplate might rest against that, will let you know when i fit mine on tuesday.

am really jealous you got yours on first :dry:

but really impressed with the work, really like the use of trim on the mess to tidy it up :thumbs:

i think Shire is next to get his on

stirling job there mate, looks really good. :thumbs:

glad you liked it and the GB worked out.

as for the wobbles, i plan to use the tow hook eye thing i got from nurrish's GB, it sticks out abit, so i'm hoping the numberplate might rest against that, will let you know when i fit mine on tuesday.

am really jealous you got yours on first :dry:

but really impressed with the work, really like the use of trim on the mess to tidy it up :thumbs:

i think Shire is next to get his on

the tow hook will need some modification (ie. make it shorter) otherwise the plate wont be straight.

That will be my next projets.....

from the people i have spoken to in the know, as long as your plate is on display when on a UK highway while on the move then you are staying within the law.

if you drive with this down then you are breaking the law.

the only way the police would know your numberplate did this is if you were using it illegally on the road.

i am not really sure about this Rich as i think a while ago when i was siffing around the GTROC for an R34 there was someone who had an issue with this i may recall :scare:

it was retractable but past 70mph it would flex inwards completely horizontal and therefore the plate could not be seen :p

The argument was if its not to break the law why do you have it :blink:

The same argument goes for sitting in your car at the drivers seat on your driveway with no key in the ignition(in the house even) but you just happen to be over the limit ;) You would be done for drink driving still :scare: its all about percieved intent mate :surrender:

Bhavin85: Yes there is rubber all around the mesh where it was cut to keep a tidy look

Re legality: I don't really know and not bother at the moment, I did drive around for a while without plate and this helps me achieving the look I want and keep the police less "interested" in the car. ( Just to clarify I dont go around driving like a t@*t, but sometimes I struggle to remember speed limits :blush: )

I'll need someone else help to see if the number plate folds over 70mph, on the way back from the garage today I only managed to hit 30mph on the M25 :rant: