Free H.U.D app

Simon+Kat

I found a cool free app on the iphone, its a dashboard for the car, speedo; direction etc. But the good thing is that it features a H.U.D. facility, it changes to mirrored display at the push of a button. You then plop it on your dash and voila, HUD!

its just starting to get dark out now, i'll report back when i've tested it later. It's just called 'dashboard' if anyone wants to look.

yeah, when i went out and tested it i used the washing up sponge cloth to put it on :blush:

should be good when driving on unfamiliar roads at night.

But it works really well, dont know about battery life though.

Any pics?

Although I appreciate they might be quite hard to take!

Have tried several of these on my iPhone and while they all kind of work, the gps signal a good 3 or 4 seconds behind the speed that you're actually doing. Also they do not work at all in daylight.

Until recently I had a propper HUD in my car, and that was awesome, so I'm not bothering with these phone app versions.

Have tried several of these on my iPhone and while they all kind of work, the gps signal a good 3 or 4 seconds behind the speed that you're actually doing. Also they do not work at all in daylight.

Until recently I had a propper HUD in my car, and that was awesome, so I'm not bothering with these phone app versions.

+1 you will get bored with it after the second day like I did. Damn iPhone went flying across the dash in the van Going round a corner so putting it on something is a good idea.

Like Chris said can't see it in daytime and it freezes etc :shrug: