Kind of new

Hi folks

I joined last year hoping to get a Zed in Azure blue,but buying a house was more of a priority at the time. However,iv recently had a pay rise from work,and have decided to sell my Astra Coupe and get a Zed,my girlfriend/co-habbitant is even lending me the money to get one! Thought id say hi again really,and get to know the forum and people abit better. Im living in Brackley and work for the Red Bull F1 team,and im 26. I also live up the top of 2 pretty steep slopes that my astra couldnt get up in the snow,so im looking forward to that in the 350! lol

Work for Red Bull F1 team?? Not being funny, but is that not one of the best jobs in the WORLD!!?? B)

I agree on the snow front. I've experienced going sideways at 60 on the A19. Very squeaky backside time! Buy a cheap Panda 4x4 for the winter ;)

Bradders.

Cheers for the welcomes,nice to feel part of the gang. :thumbs:

Im a composite NDT inspector at Red Bull. We use ultra sonics to test for delamination in composite structures,such as suspension and the chassis. We also check bonds in the alot of parts,again,like the chassis and suspension,front and rear wings etc. Its pretty cool,i got to go to Singapore GP last year,and i went to our first test in Jerez this year,and im off to Brazil for the penultimate round. So looking forward to that. We do indeed get free Red Bull,most departments have a Red Bull fridge that they keep it in,and there are pallets of the stuff in stores. My house is well stocked,but dont drink it that much to be honest,worst case,a can a day.

:welcome:

And +1 on the alternative winter transport. Take a look through the threads generated over Dec/Jan/Feb just gone! ;)

I could always take the Mrs Swift Sport to work,and she could get a taxi! lol

Friends of our are moving in round the corner,so i maybe able to leave the car there if i cant get up to my place. Result.

Do people have a set of winter tyres and summer tyres,or just keep the same ones on the car?

Also,has anyone ever had an LPG conversion on their 350,is it possible?

Well im waiting to get my Astra Coupe back from the body shop,and the insurance company to decide who was at fault with an accident. When thats all sorted (within the next week or so hopefully) il be putting it up for sale. Iv already seen a Zed that im interested in,so we shall see what happens.