Got the wheels - what about bolts/nuts etc??

captain

I've just bought a set of 18" Rota Torque Drifts to replace my 17" JDMs. The car will look like this in 48 hours:

newwheels-DSC_0007.jpg

Having never bought rims before, I'm assuming the standard bolts/nuts will work but I guess an upgrade in looks and security would be welcome. (I street park)

Any suggestions? :thumbs:

Plenty of aftermarket ones available, I'll let the traders sort that. Be warned that your OEM ones are unlikely to fit though, if they are anything like the Rota GTRs. My wheel nuts were far too big and had to get a set of slimline ones like the 5Zigens :thumbs:

I brought a set from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-x-Black-Alloy-Wheel-Tuner-Nuts-NISSAN-SUZUKI-SUBARU_W0QQitemZ250569778042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET?hash=item3a571f637a

They come with tool to tighten them up.......however no locking nut......but then again i dont need them because i cant see anyone wanting to steal my wheels ;):lol:

I brought a set from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-x-Black-Alloy-Wheel-Tuner-Nuts-NISSAN-SUZUKI-SUBARU_W0QQitemZ250569778042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET?hash=item3a571f637a

They come with tool to tighten them up.......however no locking nut......but then again i dont need them because i cant see anyone wanting to steal my wheels ;):lol:

Looks like someone has already stolen your wheels and she's smuggled a set of wheel nuts up her jumper ;)

jamiepinkbikesite.jpg

Just gone for a test fit as the rims are in but waiting for the rubber.

Of course it's not simple! :angry:

The JDM nuts will are too big so I need 20 slimline gunmetal nuts. Secondly, the wheels do not sit flush on the hub (centre hole several mm larger than hub) so all the weight of the wheel will only be supported by the bolts so I need "spigot rings" according to the fitter - which he doesn't have. Are these the same as spacers?? Surely the last thing I need is spacers with an offset of ET12?

All suggestions welcome. :shrug:

Spigot rings are completely different to spacers, they literally just fill in that gap you mentioned. Also ZOMG at the offset! :scare:

Whats wrong with the offset? Its pretty much perfect to fill the arches

Panic over.

Seems it would have been a good idea to open all 4 boxes and then look for spigots/nuts before posting. :blush:

However, the nuts are "shi*e and will rust" (words of the company selling the rims) so now I need to source some nice gunmetal or black locking replacements.

Panic over.

Seems it would have been a good idea to open all 4 boxes and then look for spigots/nuts before posting. :blush:

However, the nuts are "shi*e and will rust" (words of the company selling the rims) so now I need to source some nice gunmetal or black locking replacements.

I think ZMANALEX can get cool wheel nuts too!

I think ZMANALEX can get cool wheel nuts too!

Seems like "cool" nuts (16 normal and 4 locking) cost £80 - £90 for slimline aluminium gunmetal/black. :scare::scare::scare:

Anybody got or seen some that don't cost £4 each. :)