Traction Control problem....

SunGodRA

Met a mate for lunch today - he's got a BMW 330 turbo - very nice, very fast and HUGE amounts of torque. Anyway, we both pulled away from the pub car park at the same time and both floored it for a bit of fun and I red-lined in in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (its was very nice to see him way behind me in my rear view mirror :teeth: ) - however in the first 3 gears the slip light was flashing; no real surprise there, but about 30 seconds later as I slowed down to take a corner (no brakes, just backed off the throttle in 4th gear) the slip light started flashing again - I wasn't going too fast for the corner, in fact it was a long corner which I could have normally gone a hell of a lot faster around - but for some reason the slip light came on again and I lost power and it screwed up my approach - my heart skipped a few beats as I thought I was going to spin.

After work this evening something similar happened - I had to stop for fuel and its a bit of a pig to pull out of the garage onto a very busy main road - so once again it was red-line in 1st, 2nd and 3rd - once I knew I wasn't pissing off the car I pulled out in front of I throttled back, slowed down as I hit a bend, and the bloody slip light flashed and once again broke my line and I thought I was going to spin the car.

I have had my Zed for 3 years now, and have never experienced this before - it seems as though the ECU has a 'lag' issue, and is reacting very slowly.

I haven't had a chance to really floor it recently cos of the weather - and the only thing I have had done recently is 20mm Eibach spacers fitted and 4 wheel laser alignment. My wheels are stock and tyres are Pirelli PZeros on all corners.

Any ideas???

EDIT: I replaced the rear off-side shock last week (thanks Mark) - could this be the issue - swapping JDM shock for UK?? (Mark, was the one you gave me JDM or UK??)

In that case I bet it's the replaced damper that's causing it, assuming you've gone from JDM to UK which has changed the stiffness of one corner. That could possibly throw the TCS out when under braking as that corner will have different characteristics from the rest of the car, assuming equal wear.

In that case I bet it's the replaced damper that's causing it, assuming you've gone from JDM to UK which has changed the stiffness of one corner. That could possibly throw the TCS out when under braking as that corner will have different characteristics from the rest of the car, assuming equal wear.

I would agree and if you say you can visually see the inside of one rear tyre is worn that combination could well be why you are getting the TC issues.

Of course the fact you burnt off a few millimetres of rubber in those drag starts of yours would be immaterial :p:lol: