Steering Wheel Covers

Andy

I know this has been brought up in the past but had a search but can't find anything.

Does anyone know how the steering wheel covers come off...the silver plastic pieces that go round the buttons? I have a feeling it was a case of cowels off, airbag off etc etc but can anyone confirm this??

Cheers.

I know this has been brought up in the past but had a search but can't find anything.

Does anyone know how the steering wheel covers come off...the silver plastic pieces that go round the buttons? I have a feeling it was a case of cowels off, airbag off etc etc but can anyone confirm this??

Cheers.

I thought a short while ago someone was selling the silver cover bits. So assume they must come off Andy

Theres quite a lot to it, but its dead easy.

Right, first of disconnect the battery, pump the brakes. Then its two torx screws either side of the wheel, pop off the little covers - I think the bolts are tamper proof type. This allows the airbag to come out, need to pry up the little bar on the connector for it to release the clip. Once thats off, its a case of big old ratchet to get the wheel off off the spindle (remember to mark where it sits), and you have to loosen a connector wire so its free to come out the back. Once the wheel is off, there are a couple of screws around the back to remove, and a few more when the back cover is off, then they should come off :thumbs:

Right, first of disconnect the battery. Then its two torx screws either side of the wheel. This allows the airbag to come out, need to pry up the little bar on the connector for it to release the clip. Once thats off, its a case of big old ratchet to get the wheel off off the spindle (remember to mark where it sits), and you have to loosen a connector wire so its free to come out the back. Once the wheel is off, there are a couple of screws around the back to remove, and a few more when the back cover is off, then they should come off :thumbs:

^^ Like that, saves me going out in the cold :cold:

Updated it a bit since you quoted it :blush:

Oh and thats from memory, so sorry if I missed any bits! The main bits are there though, maybe more screws holding bits on once you have the wheel off and in your hands :)