Import HU swap

Nick

We've recently aquired a very nice import 350z which has come with a double din Sony WX-S2000 mini disc and cd player. Does anyone know if it's a straight swap cable wise, if we fit a UK Sony HU? I know we'll need a facia plate to single din, but I cannot find out what loom I need, if any. There are no external paddle controls, steering wheel buttons or anything else fancy that I know of. The car's an 05 model on a 54 plate if that makes any odds. All I can find amongst the posts is for Bose and non Bose.

All thoughts greatfully received.

some info here

I would guess that the loom has already been changed for the sony unit. Why do you want to change the head unit anyway, radio? Try a frequency shifter/band expander, Some members have had good results, some poor.

:welcome:

some info here ???

I would guess that the loom has already been changed for the sony unit. Why do you want to change the head unit anyway, radio? Try a frequency shifter/band expander, Some members have had good results, some poor.

I put up with a similar import unit for ages. When I eventually replaced it with a double din JVC unit, I couldn't believe the improvement in quality, not just of the radio (and I had a band expander fitted) but all the other functions. Installation of the JVC was pretty straightforward because the loom had been changed to connect to the after-market unit.

some info here

There are two reasons for changing it a) my missus is not a fan of radio 2 and all the posts suggest mixed results with band expanders and B) the new HU has bluetooth and ipod connectivity built in which saves messing about with handsfree soultions for the mobile.