PC found guilty after dog death...

UNABASHED

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 528878.stm

Am I the only one that feels that the PC in question was let off massively after killing his two dogs?? To use the fact the he was 'depressed' as an excuse just doesn't cut it, and further confuses me as to why he is still looking after another dog?!?!

He arrived just before 0700 BST and had planned to transfer the dogs to a police car but it was off the road as the air conditioning system was being fixed.

He found another car but there were no mats in the back and when he went to find some he became distracted by a police briefing.

Afterwards, he told his sergeant he wanted to discuss some medical issues with him later in the day but he needed time to do his paperwork.

At about 1030 BST he planned to let his dogs out of the car, give them water and allow them to stretch their legs. But he became distracted again by a phone call about a missing person.

At noon, he had a meeting with his sergeant about his problems and it was not until nearly 1430 BST that he finally went to check on his dogs, seven hours later.

This is just distgusting and I see nothing that relates to his illness but plenty that relates to him not giving a sh1t.

Knowing how dog handlers are with their animals at first I thought that his devastation at the loss of his dogs and what he had done would be punishment enough BUT no animal lover with half a brain would EVER leave dogs in a car for 7 hours with no food or water and not check on them - let alone in the heat. I never realised it had been for that length of time! :surrender:

It's a disgrace. I also heard they said he was suffering 'mental illness issues' and if this is the case then his superiors should be on the chopping block too.

If it had been prisoners he'd left for that long then what would have happened?

His punishment is not severe enough.