Faulty Driver's Window

TheGreasyWeasel

From what I gather this may be a common problem.

Practically every time I close the door, the driver's side electric window buttons stop working. Therefore when I close the door getting in or out the window doesn't do the little raise thing to close up properly.

This doesn't seem to be letting any water in (although generally it's always quite misty in the car anyway?!..... but I digress) but it is a pain in the arse.

A Fonz style 'whack' with my fist gets the bugger working again so I'm guessing a loose connection in there somewhere?

Needless to say I'm keen not to get raped by the dealership to get it fixed so can anyone give me a pointer? Or even better anyone who knows the problem in the Birmingham area fancy having a poke round in it with me?

Weasel

have a search around there is a good thread howto refurbish the window part. :thumbs:

did this for you viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30870

if the thumping is working 9/10 its a sticking brush in the motor , mine did it like many othersand it will only get worse (need thumping more often and harder) will you either replace the motor at £200ish from one of the guys on here orr just clean it out !