Gravel noise

Leeroy

I've had my Zed for a few weeks now and was wondering if it normal to hear so much gravel etc hitting the underside of the car, I guess it's stuff coming off the wheels. As far as I can see there isn't anything missing from under the car (wheel arch liners etc).

I know there are options for insulating the inside of the boot area - does this help that much?

Ta in advance.....

I've had my Zed for a few weeks now and was wondering if it normal to hear so much gravel etc hitting the underside of the car, I guess it's stuff coming off the wheels. As far as I can see there isn't anything missing from under the car (wheel arch liners etc).

I know there are options for insulating the inside of the boot area - does this help that much?

Ta in advance.....

I get a bit of gravel rattle as well, but i guess its to be expected considering the rear wheel well is pretty much inside the cabin.

Some folk have mentioned putting dynamat or second skin on the boot floor or the area behind the glove box under the trim. It doesn't bug me enough to make me want to do this though.

If you live on a farm though it probably would get irritating!

LOL, I know what you mean guys, it's a fairly cool sound but can get a bit irritating sometimes, I mean you can understand it on a stripped out rally racer......

Chris, what second skin sheet did you use, was it the Damplifier / Damplifier pro? How much of the stuff did you use?

Cheers,

Leeroy...

LOL, I know what you mean guys, it's a fairly cool sound but can get a bit irritating sometimes, I mean you can understand it on a stripped out rally racer......

Chris, what second skin sheet did you use, was it the Damplifier / Damplifier pro? How much of the stuff did you use?

Cheers,

Leeroy...

I used a bulk pack of normal Damplifier to do the whole boot and rear cubby area.

IMG_6205_thumb.jpg

I also cut up some "kit mat" that you get from camping stores to sleep on and put that on top of the Damplifier. Its a closed cell foam so stops airbourne noise a bit :thumbs:

Leeroy

Only had mine a few weeks too, and yup I get it alot too, especially the rock salt in this weather. I think it just the nature of the beast tbh, I read about it here before, so you aint the first to ask. Reading about it I was aware when it happened.

Remember you aint driving an Audi TT. Thankfully... :lol:

Bradders