Hello, Potential newbie with service question

MarkR

Hello all,

Thought this would be the best place to ask some question about a potential 350Z purchase :)

Recently had two RX-8's back to back and fancied a change so bought a Clio V6 but the other half is not a fan so for an easy life I decided to look for something else.

Have just been on a test drive of a 55 plate GT and I have to say I was very very impressed with it. If I can get a deal to my liking I'd be very glad to have it parked up in the garage ready for weekend blats :)

The power delivery was nice and smooth, the steering very nicely weaighted and communicative and I even got the tail out in a nice controllable slide on the test drive :lol:

I do have a couple of questions, which hopefully you knowledgable people can help me out with:

The 350Z I'm looking at is on a 55plate. However the dealer tells me its MY is 2006. Excuse my ignorance, but how can the car be made in 06 but registerd as on a 55 plate?

* Does this have any implications for the current road fund license? If its on a 55 plate I presume it will only be £215 as opposed the £405 rate for a 56 plate....even though it is a MY 06...

Secondly:

It only has 2 service stamps in the book (both P1's)

* One at 12,000 miles (P1)

* One at 24,000 miles (P1)

This isn't correct is it? It should have been serviced every year regardlessof mileage - correct, and would this put you off buying?

Thanks for any information, all the best,

-Mark

Wel :wave: come

You are correct on services ............Service intervals are 9000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first

Also on road tax .............................£215.00

And finally have a look at the cars on offer here before you commit :)

That was fast!

Thanks for the info about the servicing - will bring this up with the dealer (going back tomorrow to let SWMBO have a look at the car).

It wasn't putting me off as such but I was going to request they give it a P3 service as part of any deal to be had.

The easy P/X route (if they give a good price) saves me the hassle of selling privately just now so rules out the cars for sale here (atm) as a good chunk of my money is tied up in the V6 :D .

-Mark

That was fast!

Thanks for the info about the servicing - will bring this up with the dealer (going back tomorrow to let SWMBO have a look at the car).

It wasn't putting me off as such but I was going to request they give it a P3 service as part of any deal to be had.

The easy P/X route (if they give a good price) saves me the hassle of selling privately just now so rules out the cars for sale here (atm) as a good chunk of my money is tied up in the V6 :D .

-Mark

Was it a dealer? No real difference between a p2 and p3 really..

Looks like the original dealer had pre regestered it re the plates so nothing to worry about.

Ah, thanks for the explanations, figured it must be a pre-regsitered type of deal.

It's not a Nissan dealer (its a Mitsibishi one IIRC) but I'd ask they farm it out for a P3 service, the front wheels also need a refurb which they said they would do, other than that the paint work was a little swirly but nothing terrible and was very very impressed with it.

Hoping the missus gives it her stamp of approval and that a deal can be done.

-Mark.

Ah, thanks for the explanations, figured it must be a pre-regsitered type of deal.

It's not a Nissan dealer (its a Mitsibishi one IIRC) but I'd ask they farm it out for a P3 service, the front wheels also need a refurb which they said they would do, other than that the paint work was a little swirly but nothing terrible and was very very impressed with it.

Hoping the missus gives it her stamp of approval and that a deal can be done.

-Mark.

Where you based?

welcome from another ex RX8 owner.

55 plate runs through till March 2006. So you have a car registered in 06 on a 55 plate.

Does it have LED rear lights? Thats the easiest way to spot an 06 onwards car.

My car was registered in 08, but is on a 57 plate. And also happens to be for sale. :lol:

Sorry, should have said, I'm up north in Dundee.

Hi Mark - welcome to the forum :thumbs:

You're right it has missed at least one service - I'm over in Newport - give me a shout if can be any help - one thing I do know is how to shop for zed :teeth: I spent three months looking and ended up going down to Essex for mine

Oh and for goodness sake if you do get them to farm it out for a P3 don't let it go to Arnold Shark on the Kingsway -but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that if you're a local the guys at Perth AC do know what they're doing with zeds though ;)

Ah Vik, yours wouldnt have the large spoiler and be parked in the overgate car park most days would it, I used to park my PZ next to it while I was waiting to pick up the wife sometimes.?

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble I'd be very grateful if you could bring your Zed over to test fit it in my garage? - The V6 is very wide and just fits in but it is a lot shorter than a zed - knowing if it fits in the garage would be good.

And yes, I'd never entrust anything I own to AC...ever.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

-Mark.

Ah Vik, yours wouldnt have the large spoiler and be parked in the overgate car park most days would it, I used to park my PZ next to it while I was waiting to pick up the wife sometimes.?

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble I'd be very grateful if you could bring your Zed over to test fit it in my garage? - The V6 is very wide and just fits in but it is a lot shorter than a zed - knowing if it fits in the garage would be good.

And yes, I'd never entrust anything I own to AC...ever.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

-Mark.

Good god - no - no wing :lol: Haven't done any cosmetic mods - just the exhaust and an upgrade panel filter.

Oh no tell a lie - I have MY06 rear LEDs and a stubby ariel :blush:

By all means will come and test the garage - just PM me your addy - I'll be in town tomoz

Thanks Vik, was good to meet you today :)

Test drive went well and the better half approves off the car which is good news.

Not sure that a deal can be had there so will continue to look around. There is a grey one for sale up in Aberdeen so may take a drive up there next weekend and see whats what :)

Edited to add the link for it:

http://www.crownmotors.co.uk/Used/nissan_350z_coupe__336365.aspx

Not got the GT Pack but looks nice and clean.

Added bonus that it fits in the garage too - way more room to spare than the V6 as well :yahoo:

Looking forward to Knockhill season starting again, hopefuly i'll be in a Zed, if not i'll take the clio up.

-Mark.