Suggestions for Daughters Birthday - Car Related

Kev946

My daughter is 18 in a few weeks and just passed her driving test last week. She's a bit of a piston head like her dad. I was hoping to buy her something like a driving experience day. I checked the Silverstone ones and they all say you must hold a driving licence for a minimum of one year, apart from the Junior Rally Expereince.

Does anyone know any events she could do?

Any other suggestions, (sensible ones please)...:lol:

My daughter is 18 in a few weeks and just passed her driving test last week. She's a bit of a piston head like her dad. I was hoping to buy her something like a driving experience day. I checked the Silverstone ones and they all say you must hold a driving licence for a minimum of one year, apart from the Junior Rally Expereince.

Does anyone know any events she could do?

Any other suggestions, (sensible ones please)...:lol:

what about taking your bm to a track, insure her for the day and let her loose :thumbs::scare:

Here you go mate:

Q) Do I need a driving licence?

A) Yes - a full UK or European driving licence with no serious offences. You must be able to drive a manual transmission.

Check out this site: http://www.ferraridriving.com

I've done 2 of their days now (Ferrari Experience & Euro Challenge) both at Prestwold Hall and they've been fantastic. Really well organised and the instructors are top notch too.

Theres a guy there that takes the groups round called Matt who's a quality guy and a real petrolhead. Have a good chat to him and if you're lucky he'll have a word with the instructors to make sure they really push her on :thumbs:

Overall mate highly recommended :teeth:

Thanks guys some great suggestions. I especially like the ferraridrving.com, so thanks Andy. Shes an Aston Martin nut, so the thrill half day session would be fantastic for her. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and check.

Also, thanks for all the birthday wishes. It's her birthday on 25th September, so plenty of time to arrange something. It's also nice to do something special for her 18th, especially since she passed her driving test last week.

Thanks guys some great suggestions. I especially like the ferraridrving.com, so thanks Andy. Shes an Aston Martin nut, so the thrill half day session would be fantastic for her. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and check.

Also, thanks for all the birthday wishes. It's her birthday on 25th September, so plenty of time to arrange something. It's also nice to do something special for her 18th, especially since she passed her driving test last week.

No worries mate. The V8 was awesome, would love to have a blat in the DB9!! On the day you can usually buy extra laps in something too (£60 for 3 iirc), when I was last there it was the 911 Turbo. If you ask em on the phone they may have the V8 for some extra laps on a certain day, now that'd be a day :teeth:

Oh btw week days are MUCH quieter than the weekend so less waiting between cars :thumbs:

Kev,

You sure about the requirement to have a driving licence at the Rally experiences at Silverstone? I did it a few years ago and was surprised by the fact that people did need a licence. It was a full day thing and was probably the best thing I'd ever done in a car...... sliding a rear wheel car with power round corners on dirt just rocks :thumbs:

Oh and I was a natural allegedly from the instructors! B);)

But back to the point, it was a great day and you learn a lot about car control there as well.......

You don't need a licence for the junior rally expereince at Silverstone, but it is aimed at kids.

I think I've decided. She's a Aston nut and the ferrari days in Leicester do a Aston Thrill session for £125 and ideally there's a date 2 days before her birthday. She gets 2 laps in an Impreza with the instructor driving, followed by 2 laps her driving the Impreza, then 3 laps in a DB9... B)

You don't need a licence for the junior rally expereince at Silverstone, but it is aimed at kids.

I think I've decided. She's a Aston nut and the ferrari days in Leicester do a Aston Thrill session for £125 and ideally there's a date 2 days before her birthday. She gets 2 laps in an Impreza with the instructor driving, followed by 2 laps her driving the Impreza, then 3 laps in a DB9... B)

It'll certainly make it an unforgettable 18th mate!!

Kill 2 birds with one stone, take her to the Activity day.

That way you get to drive and her.

Will loan her the 7 for 15 mins if you want. No Aston but still great fun, may even do 0-60 in similar time. (no charge by the way, you just need to give me pax in the cossie)

Steve

PS how tall is she, just to make sure she can reach the pedals thats all.

Kill 2 birds with one stone, take her to the Activity day.

That way you get to drive and her.

Will loan her the 7 for 15 mins if you want. No Aston but still great fun, may even do 0-60 in similar time. (no charge by the way, you just need to give me pax in the cossie)

Steve

PS how tall is she, just to make sure she can reach the pedals thats all.

Thanks for the very kind offer Steve. She would be so nervous though. She only passed her test last week.

PS: She's only about 5 foot 3 inch... :blush:

No problem mate, i'm glad they could sort you out.

Be a great day mate :thumbs: let us know how she gets on (and get some pics too) - oh you can buy them there too, not very cheap (although the cd option is usually pretty good value) but the shots are very very good and very close.

Will post some pics.

Really looking forward to taking her on this. She will be so shocked when she opens the envelope... B)

Yeah I can imagine!. That's a brilliant present.......

:#1: Dad award. Cheque's in the post! :thumbs:

Trouble is I have 2 daughters.....:lol:

• 1 month later...

What a fantastic day. My daughter really enjoyed it and did herself proud. I was really worried she would be slow etc. having only just passed her test less than 2 months ago, but she really had a great time and was praised by all the instructors. She also managed to do this all 2 days before she was 18... B)

She started in an Impreza WRX, then onto the DB9.

This place is so well organised, the people are friendly and the facilities are great. They have a great range of cars too. Thanks Andy for recommending the place.

DSC_0075a.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0087a.jpg

DSC_0089a.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

• 6 months later...
thinking of getting Debbie a lambo gallardo drive, it's on offer for only £99!

recommend it Kev, i suppose?

Sure go for it. They really made my daughter feel welcome and are very well organised.

Keep us posted. :thumbs:

thinking of getting Debbie a lambo gallardo drive, it's on offer for only £99!

recommend it Kev, i suppose?

Done it there mate, really good - did as part of the Euro Challenge package. Awesome machine, get her in it!!