Mirror and window problems

Hi everyone, can anybody give me some advice with a problem I have with my 350Z? Since the cold weather my driver side window kept getting stuck and now it wont open. I also have a problem with the mirrors, they still open and close, they still adjust but they no longer move when I reverse. All these problems started with the freezing cold weather this year, I did pop the car in to Nissan and they said the window needs a new motor at a cost of £365.00!!!! Can they be sure this is the problem without taking the door apart and looking at the motor/electrics? Thanks :)

I was just goin to say mine dont adjust when i reverse.lol

I think they dip down on a JDM so that you can see the kerb.

IIRC it's an option on JDM cars but not on UK cars

I think Nixy (among others) has the definitive answer :thumbs:

I was just goin to say mine dont adjust when i reverse.lol

I think they dip down on a JDM so that you can see the kerb.

IIRC it's an option on JDM cars but not on UK cars

I think Nixy (among others) has the definitive answer :thumbs:

Correct. Its a rare JDM option.

yes, there's a tidgy button down near the traction control button that says auto dip on it. Mine don't work for some reason - possibly a loose wire. I wish they did because i ALWAYS have to dip them down when reversing in my garage due to the way I have to to it. Probably a job for Husky!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I'll ask my boyfriends dad to look at the window, I'd rather him take the door apart than me and I'd not trust my boyfriend to do it as he has no patients when it comes to things like that!

Boyfriend has borrowed my car today so I'll see if I can find the little button near the traction control when he gets back. I hope it works out as simple as pushing a button as I have got so used to parking with the mirrors dipping down in reverse that I can't park without them anymore!

I have called a few local auto electric firms but I haven't found anyone willing to look at it, they have all asked me if the reverse light is working, (which it is) and because it is working they just tell me to take it to Nissan!

My car is an import 350Z (Fairlady)

Thanks everyone :teeth: