CATS back in....... WOW!

Dene8

I bought my car some 12 months ago and it had de-cats fitted. With the MOT due i decided to fit my CATS, for the sake of noise reduction if nothing else.

I've noticed a definite increase in torques over having it de-cat’d and I’m loving it. Only downside is my almost dead clutch now slips more thanks to the increase in torques :dry: But this will be getting fixed ASAP...!

Anyone else notice a drop in torque after removing the CATS........?

I take it your just running stock and no remap?

I've got a 02 plate import so it rempas itself to a certain degree i believe....? But no aftermarket remap no..... :dry:

Nope, it dosnt remap, its just got differences between wide and narrow band. Still wont adapt properly for the cats, putting them back in will have just caused the ECU to relearn to its normal setting. You will probably find you were running really rich.

If you put them back in, get it mapped and you will see a huge difference with the decats ;)

Nope, it dosnt remap, its just got differences between wide and narrow band. Still wont adapt properly for the cats, putting them back in will have just caused the ECU to relearn to its normal setting. You will probably find you were running really rich.

If you put them back in, get it mapped and you will see a huge difference with the decats ;)

Ahh i see :thumbs:

I'll be leaving the CATS in I think, can actually hear myself think now and i can just about live with new noise the DC system makes.

&& yeah it was running very rich with the de-CATS in, an increase in fuel economy has been noted since the CATS went back in or is this likely to be some form of placebo effect...... :lol:

Ahh i see :thumbs:

I'll be leaving the CATS in I think, can actually hear myself think now and i can just about live with new noise the DC system makes.

&& yeah it was running very rich with the de-CATS in, an increase in fuel economy has been noted since the CATS went back in or is this likely to be some form of placebo effect...... :lol:

Lol!! DC is nice but it is loud esp if you havnt got any boot silencing!

Tune will sort out the fuling and also sort out your economy but also give you that power your missing!! 100% WOT through the range is pretty spot on too!

I've got a 02 plate import so it rempas itself to a certain degree i believe....? But no aftermarket remap no..... :dry:

:bang::bang: I said this when I first joined. decats will work if its remapped to. Everyone is like no with back pressure and what not. Yes you do need back pressure on a na but if you look inside a cat you see why it is so restrictive. I even bought sports cats :dry: I could have put that money to a remap. Ahh well. :thumbs:

:bang::bang: I said this when I first joined. decats will work if its remapped to. Everyone is like no with back pressure and what not. Yes you do need back pressure on a na but if you look inside a cat you see why it is so restrictive. I even bought sports cats :dry: I could have put that money to a remap. Ahh well. :thumbs:

I think there are a few people that would argue with you about back pressure.... The issue in the ECU and environmental controls.

N/A cars utilise exhaust velocity (not backpressure) in the collector to aid in scavenging other cylinders during the blowdown process. It just so happens that to get the appropriate velocity, you have to squeeze down the diameter of the discharge of the collector (aka the exhaust), which also induces backpressure. The backpressure is an undesirable byproduct of the desire to have a certain degree of exhaust velocity. Go too big, and you lose velocity and its associated beneficial scavenging effect. Too small and the backpressure skyrockets, more than offsetting any gain made by scavenging. There is a happy medium here.