Download Festival

Rattusmaxim

so far I've seen wolfmother, AC/DC, BRMV and Motorhead osl ooking forward to all them again, I went to see The Answer a mont or 2 ago and they had Black Spider supporting them who confirmed they would be at DL, they were really good as well.

Never been to download before so should be fun, you been before?

Bollox.

I was hoping AC/DC would play Leeds/Reading this year. If they're doing download, there's little chance of that. Unless they do what Faith No More did last year.

I seen Them Crooked Vultures at Leeds and didnt think they were all that to be honest.

Deftones played main stage, but the sound system was shockingly bad and we buggered off to the Lock Up Stage.

I think this will be my last year to Reading. Becoming far too much like V Festival for my tastes.

Full of tw*** last year at Leeds too.

Download 2011 here I come! lol

i haven't decided yet, wouldnt mind going though. i went to see BFMV afew years back, but on they way down got told they canceled the gig coz matt fooked his vocal chords. so ended up having a nice wee weekend in manchester with the gf.

so far I've seen wolfmother, AC/DC, BRMV and Motorhead osl ooking forward to all them again, I went to see The Answer a mont or 2 ago and they had Black Spider supporting them who confirmed they would be at DL, they were really good as well.

Never been to download before so should be fun, you been before?

Yeah I went for the first time last year, really un prepared too haha, Limp Bizkit were there last year which was so good, really hoping for some NOFX and Atreyu this year, really wanna see them.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to Wacken this year.

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2010/main-bands/billing-2010/

I have to admit that the line up is not a strong as download but overall it is a much better festival.

I started off going to reading festival when i was about 16. This was round about the time it changed from a rock festival to another annoying pop festival (Which is annoying cos i now live in reading)

I then spent the next 6 years going to download. It started off as a very cool festival with good bands and a good atmosphere. However, every year that was eroded slightly. Bands like the prodigy, pendulum and my chemical romance began creeping onto the line up and while i do quite like the prodigy and pendulum, they have no place at a metal festival. In addition to this, each year as i got older (i am 24 now) the average age seemed to get younger.

In 2006 i went to download for the last time. the organisation at this festival was shocking, queues everywhere and only one water point in the festival arena!!!!! It was also the year of the "Riots" which was basically a bunch of sixteen year olds, whose parents had let them go to the festival, acting like total arseholes cos they were able to drink as much as they wanted without fear of their parents.

European festivals are a totally different story. Everything and i mean EVERYTHING is better thought out. Here are some examples:

- The last band usually finishes at around 3am (not 11pm cos of the stupid noise regulations). They still have their head liners on at about 11pm but there is still stuff to do after they are finished. At the same time bands start between 1pm and 3pm (Who the f**k wants to get up at 10am for a band at a festival?)

- You camp next to your cars. You drive into your plot, set up camp and off you go. There is no lugging all your stuff for miles and miles. Plus you have more flexibility with what you can bring and use. Last year in our camp we had a marquee, a full size gas bbq, a generator and two fridges!

- There is respect between the patrons of the festival and the inhabitants of the village where its held. The whole village supports the festival and most of the them try and get evolved in some way. I.e. setting up a breakfast bar in your garden or running a hose in your drive way allowing people to have a walk in shower (It can get very hot!)

- There are two main stages next to each other. There is a 10 min gap between a band finishing on one stage and another starting on the next. All you have to do is shuffle sideways.

I could go on forever, but these are just my opinions. I am not trying to rubbish download or say that people shouldn't go, but if you get the chance you should def check out some of the European festivals.

:band: