Painted headlights

srobrien

Dont do it mate... while it looks good, taking the headlights apart is a very nasty job... i dont know how Paul did it. You have to melt the plastic apart using a heat gun and the point that the thick black glue/gunk melts is about 2 degrees different to the point that your headlight plastic melts :lol:

Personally prefere them in black! But then I have no chrome on my car anymore!

DSC02118.jpg

Yeah I thought about black but im not sure if it would look like a couple of black eyes. Im not a huge fan of exterior chrome, this is one of the reasons i want them colour coded.

Dont do it mate... while it looks good, taking the headlights apart is a very nasty job... i dont know how Paul did it. You have to melt the plastic apart using a heat gun and the point that the thick black glue/gunk melts is about 2 degrees different to the point that your headlight plastic melts :lol:

Yeah mate I know exactly what is entailed with this job, risky and with what happened to my fog light im going to be EXTRA careful. I'm definately doing it though as that orange strip drives me nuts every time i look at it. What were they thinking?!?!

R

If you do the outers black and then keep the centre reflectors chrome they shouldnt look like "black eyes"..

Have you thought about carbon wrapping the chrome outer (where the reflector is) and the front gloss black section? It looks very cool!

Hmm never thought about it, never seen it done before. Not sure if it may be a bit cf overkill though but if not would look smart would save painting them as well