Someone scraped the side of my Z :-(

350zjimbo

Well I finally washed my car at the weekend after all the snow and ice to wash off all the salt when I noticed someone had very kindly scraped along the rear bumper. :cry:

Luckily enough it hasn't actually got the metalwork.

Has anyone else had to get the bumpers resprayed? I am unsure whether to let them repair the scratches and blow it in to the rest of the bumper or just repray the whole bumper?

Any previous experiences would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Cheers

Fist of all a picture paints a thousand words!

You'd be lucky to get to the metalwork of the bumper! ;)

What do the scratches look like? Does your fingernails catch in them?

I meant it was lucky that it didn't actually catch the rear wing as thats where the scratches stop.

Yes you can get your finger nails in them it won't just polish out. I've had scratches repaired before on previous cars and ones guy made it a real mess.

Sorry I don't have any pics

I had to get my rear bumper sprayed about three weeks after I got the car..........was heart broken - but was just the bumper so only had that done - mine's Azure- would always recommend to an Azure owner to go for full blend/ blow over as well - because now I have ever so slightly different shade bumper in bright light.

Really depends on if you can find reputable paint shop who will GAURANTEE a match :thumbs:

No one can be certain of a perfect paint match unless they have been in the job for years and do it properly - ie paint let dry then check against the car in different lights? A good mixer will be worth their weight in gold. But lets be honest its got to be better than the standard Nissan paint match!

Seriously take some pcitures of it - it will probably be enough to blend in but if your bumper has pits and scratches all over might be worth a full bumper respray. I know how p***d off you must be - been there too - but at least its an easy fix :thumbs: