head unit problem?

stichy

ive just fitted a new head unit, but cant get it to work? its got power, as the eject work/motorised face. but there is no display.

are there any fuses i might of blown or need to check, ive check the wireing time and again.

any help??

are you sure the head unit was working properly prior to installation ?

yes, unless it got damaged in the post, but know marks or signs of damage.

and when you reset the head unit the buttons light up then go out again after a couple of seconds. then nothink.

ive got the earth connected to the metal gear leaver, to make sure its a good earth.

this is what is happening

It still looks like an earth/power supply problem to me. When i first installed my Kenwood I had a similar problem (eject would work but nothing else) - turned out there were two connectors taking power and earth to different parts of the unit and I'd only earthed one of them. Does your model have a single connector for power, or does the SatNav bit have it's own supply?

it has two power supplys, and one earth.

12v live

switched live(ignition)

and earth

Have you checked you've definitely got a good earth by using a multi-meter? Just because it's attached to metal doesn't necessarily mean it's grounded? Other than checking all your connections with a multi-meter (live, ignition and earth) I'm stumped I'm afraid :surrender: