snow troubles

Marios

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

snow is shovelled from the front of the garage and from the end of the drive where it joins the road. Its been raining and its melting a bit. I went and turned the engine over - no probs there. Decided not to get it out of the garage until tomorrow morning. According to the forecast it should be thawing. Back to being disgustingly dirty then! :dry:

Looks like the low temps are at an end for us here ...... forecast is at 0 or above except for Wednesday when it goes down to -1 deg

amen to that! never thought i'd be glad to see it say 1 degree on my car thermometer!

snowed over night :) decided i would just keep going on the drive this morning, sod the traffic on the road :lol: worked a treat, some skidding but got out first time. on the fresh snow in the work car park was a different story, 0mph uncontrolled slow motion slide round some bends in the middle of the pedestrians was interesting, seeing the panic on their faces even thought they can walk faster :lol:

Made it to work ..... still a bit slippy in places ........ hope everyone's OK:)

My car would barely move so sent the missus out on a recon mission. She tried to get to work, got about 500yrs in an hour and came home. Now both working from home - again :yawn:

half my village was defrosted more or less but THE OTHER HALF......JEEZ - massive peaks of slush that had frozen solid. Normally you can get two cars by each other (just) but there was only one set of tracks down the middle which meant when something came the other way you had to venture onto the rock hard ice - it scraped the bottom of the car in places...........not nice. Was a bit better tonight on the way home.

went home for lunch, cleared the driveway of snow, happy :) built half an igloo, happy :) drove back to work no problem, happy :) waiting at lights, hear kids on the bridge say "whats that!?" then a snowball lands square on my roof, NOT HAPPY :rant: kids have no f***ing respect :( couldnt find a parking space as cars are strewn everywhere at work, not happy :( had to drive down to the back and down a big hill, not happy :( probably not get back up it now, defo not happy :( :( :(

so from having not one tiny bit of difficulty today its turned into a s**t fest :thumbdown:

went home for lunch, cleared the driveway of snow, happy :) built half an igloo, happy :) drove back to work no problem, happy :) waiting at lights, hear kids on the bridge say "whats that!?" then a snowball lands square on my roof, NOT HAPPY :rant: kids have no f***ing respect :( couldnt find a parking space as cars are strewn everywhere at work, not happy :( had to drive down to the back and down a big hill, not happy :( probably not get back up it now, defo not happy :( :( :(

so from having not one tiny bit of difficulty today its turned into a s**t fest :thumbdown:

all in all, an average day then :lol:

BTW, you don't get a prize for using the most smilies :byebye:

all in all, an average day then :lol:

BTW, you don't get a prize for using the most smilies :byebye:

i got out fortunately, phew. :thumbs: got back and continued my igloo building

ahh i decided it was best to do it in the light, i had to clear my driveway so my back started giving out and light faded.

will continue tomorrow if snow is there :thumbs:

half done so far

:snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack:

:lol: i dont want to move the car from work to go home and take a piccy as ill never get my nice space back :lol: i'll do one when i get home :p

ahh i decided it was best to do it in the light, i had to clear my driveway so my back started giving out and light faded.

will continue tomorrow if snow is there :thumbs:

half done so far

:snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack::snack:

:lol: i dont want to move the car from work to go home and take a piccy as ill never get my nice space back :lol: i'll do one when i get home :p

okay i'll let you off!! until tonight. :p