Mazda RX7 revival?

stanski

Sorry if a repost - I am starting to dribble already! :teeth:

3071024.003_1024super2.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109122823723/mazda-rx-7-revival-rumors-mark-the-end-of-rx-8

Mazda could introduce the new two-seater Mazda RX-7 by the end of 2011, according to InsideLine. The blog says the 2012 model year car is still progressing despite the poor economy.

The automaker may cancel the four-seater RX-8 upon the RX-7's release in contrast to earlier reports that a more powerful, more expensive RX-8 would come to market. Based on design characteristics of the Furai concept, the next-gen RX-8 would have carried over 300-horsepower.

However, by the end of the first quarter of 2009, RX-8 sales had plummeted 47.5% compared to a year earlier. Sluggish RX-8 sales may prompt the decision to halt the model for the time being. The new RX-7 will use the new-generation Renesis 16X rotary engine which debuted in the Taiki concept. This dual rotary Wankel engine has a roughly 300cc bigger displacement than the previous Renesis unit, putting out as much as 350hp and 214 ft-lb of torque over the RX-8's 232 hp and 159 lb-ft of torque.

Do not expect the RX-7 to be tuned for this much power, despite its engine's capabilities. A 250hp unit is more likely to appear on the $25,000 car, reports the blog.

(Taken from Worldcarfans)

looks well ahead of our time. I very much doubt it will look like that...

well who knows - maybe they are getting brave - its like the Lexus Essense concept I love the look of that car retro but modern at the same time - but now its not goign ahead! whimps! :wacko:

looks well ahead of our time. I very much doubt it will look like that...

well who knows - maybe they are getting brave - its like the Lexus Essense concept I love the look of that car retro but modern at the same time - but now its not goign ahead! whimps! :wacko:

It'll have to look like that if they want people to accept the engines drinking problem! It has seemed to work previously though.