Importing a ZED

jollyranchers

Anyone imported a zed from japan , any importer recommendations ?

is it me or is there not that many zeds for sale ? , i know its not the best time of year and most people are not

thinking of selling cars etc

looking to spend 10,500 - 11ish looking for an azure blue with no more than 40,000 on the clock if possible !!

they are like hens teeth tho! dont really want to spend anymore as at 11k its a lot of money for me

getting impatient waiting for something to come up!, my budget probably doesnt help

just got me thinking about importing....

i think you'll struggle at that price with that criteria; not saying it isn't out there, but it will bne a hard find.

just beware if your at the top end of your budget these aren't cheap as chips to run. they are cheap in comparison to its rivals but it aint no fiesta.

There are currently 86 for sale on PH & 291 on autotrader, doesnt seem like a shortage to me :shrug:

Nixy used JM-Imports & as soon as I sell my car thats where I will be going to import my next car :)

BTW, there are other parts to the forum than the welcome section ;)

You could have mine in standard form for 11K. Its GM but <40K :D

i know a while ago when the prices originally dropped it wasn't cheaper to import and buying a UK zed worked out about the same.

don't know if the balance has been re addressed since prices went up? :shrug:

I doubt it. Transporting a car isn't cheap & the excahnge rate is crap :thumbdown:

I think the exchange rate has put paid to cheap imports.

I've seen more Zeds for sale than anytime this year recently but prices are all over the shop. Some seem to have got carried away with idea that used car prices have gone up in general and their over-priced cars clearly aren't selling. Patience, young Jedi...

personally i think the azures are a bit common, if you want exclusivity within the zed community red is the way to go, very rarely see them about

+1

On last May's run in Wales there were 13 Azures out of 52 cars but only 1 red one.

Of course everyone knows Ebisu is the fastest colour ;)

Moved.

Azures are popular amongst the enthusiasts on the forums as are Ultra Yellows. Considering 100 or so were made I bet we've seen more than 50% of them through this club.

GMs are by far the most common (popular) colour however meets are more colourful generally.