Wanted 350Z GT - Gunmetal Grey <£10k - Warwick

Fletchiebrew

I have wanted one for years and now I can get one. I have been quietly keeping an eye on things via this forum, Piston Heads and Auto Trader. I am now ready and If you are considering selling your Z and it fits the bill please let me know. I have missed a couple this week as they have gone so fast.

Ideal car will be:

Gunmetal Grey

Excellent Condition inside and out

Less Than £10k

Less than 50,000 miles

Manual

2003 or newer

GT Pack

Not been on a track

Pretty much standard

FNSH

Think thats a good start. As mentioned I am in Warwick.

Please help.

Thanks

I think what you're looking for is possible but as you've seen you'll have to pounce very quickly.

I had pretty much the same criteria as you when I was looking earlier this year. I booked the first week in Jan off work and got up early every morning and hit Autotrader, PistonHeads and the Nissan web site. I was starting to think I was out of luck but then on the Thursday morning a car cropped up at a Nissan dealer 30 miles away that was perfect. I was there by 10am and got the following:

53 Plate GT Pack in Gunmetal with Alezan leather

Rays Alloys

54,000 miles

Manual

FNSH

The car was in great condition and I got them to throw in a new set of mats, 6 months tax, 12 months MOT, 12 months warranty and a P3 service. All for £10,490. :) I'm convinced that if I'd not been off work and had to wait until weekend to go it would have been gone so you have to be ready to strike as soon as something appears! ;)

From my experience the £10K mark is the tipping point for a decent UK GT with reasonable miles and as soon as cars get within that zone they sell very quickly. It might be worth making some cheeky offers for cars up for £11K too and see how you get on. ;) I have to say I'm impressed with how the car has kept it's value. I reckon I could resell it for pretty much what I paid for it nearly a year ago! :)

MattG

Thanks for that advice and I think you are right. With Christmas looming its proabably a bad time to try and sort this out but I am too excited not to try.

I will keep my finger on the pulse but will apreciate any help from members.

Cheers

Fletch

I have seen Gunmetalzgt and its a nice motor, got some nice little carbon touches.

Good luck with the hunt and give me a shout if you need any advice or want to play in a Zed as I am only down the road in Leamington. :thumbs:

MattG

Thanks for that advice and I think you are right. With Christmas looming its proabably a bad time to try and sort this out but I am too excited not to try.

I will keep my finger on the pulse but will apreciate any help from members.

Cheers

Fletch

No worries. January is usually a slow time for the car industry (everyone is skint!) so it might not be a bad time to snap up a bargain. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice of you speedy.

I was planning to go and see the first one today and had organised a business trip around it until I quized the guy and found out it is an import with no service history except some receipts. Looked perfect as well. Not happy.

The second one I havent seen but you are right about the exhaust. In a way I am glad you are bored at home :teeth:

Thanks

2nd one is a UK GT, has cruise control on the steering wheel and electric seats.

1st one is worst advert I've seen in a while, if it has every conceivable extra, why are there no buttons on the wheel? The seats are leather but not electrically adjusted or heated and there is not a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Japanese satnav to work :lol::lol:

2nd one is a UK GT, has cruise control on the steering wheel and electric seats.

1st one is worst advert I've seen in a while, if it has every conceivable extra, why are there no buttons on the wheel? The seats are leather but not electrically adjusted or heated and there is not a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Japanese satnav to work :lol::lol:

+1 and i though is was a little high in price...

I have a 2006 Gunmetal grey (55 plate) 350Z GT Uk car) with 55k on the clock and completely standard with a new cluth and flywheel fitted just 2000 miles ago. Lookng for around 12.5k but might consider negotiating. PM me if you think you might be interested.

Cheers

James

• 3 weeks later...