Another Nixy and Markie weekend (divs on ice)

nixy

no point in taking unnecessary risks. I didn't realise you were actually a northerner biscuit???

Its so bloody cold, i left a massive xmas basket arrangement of plants in my car which was a present for my gran. It is now dead........ Thought it would be ok as it was under cover. :thumbdown:

thats a shame :(

no point in taking unnecessary risks. I didn't realise you were actually a northerner biscuit???

Its so bloody cold, i left a massive xmas basket arrangement of plants in my car which was a present for my gran. It is now dead........ Thought it would be ok as it was under cover. :thumbdown:

i'm half northerner, my dads a yorkshire man, and his parents live up that way, used to spend my summers on their farm.

mums an aussie, i have dual nationality thanks to her.

and i was born in yeovil sommerset. moved all over the country, never settled that long in a place. i suppose it make sme a southerner.

its snowed heavily near me, east yorks.

after only recently aquiring the zed i was keen to get a feel for the car on icy roads.

took it out on the local streets but didnt want to overdo it and returned home.

had a bit of fun trying to get back on my driveway which is sloped, got there in the end.

will endeavour to post pics of the car once cleaned and nice.

Happy Christmas all!

Joe x

after only recently aquiring the zed i was keen to get a feel for the car on icy roads.

had a bit of fun trying to get back on my driveway which is sloped, got there in the end.

Happy Christmas all!

Joe x

welcome to the club :thumbs:

Happy Christmas all!

Joe x

I'm just in the East Yorks area near Pocklington. Where are you from?

Rich, the snowman never happened! The snow was so powdery we couldn't even get a decent snow ball going! Was weird! We were both out there in matching wellies and dappy hats but it was useless so we came in and had frothy coffee and put TV on instead!

i'll do my best. You're heading slightly further into North Yorks but one of my best mates works in Malton so i'll get her to let me know. My son's girlfriend just came home from work at Full Sutton in tears because she was so frightened driving. Its not a main road, and its fairly twisty, she had a bloke behind her who got right up her backside then eventually overtook her blaring his horn at her. There's just no need for that. If someone is going slow they are either not used to snow, scared, can't drive, whatever, but any of those things should say keep back and give them space.

cheers nix,

and one of my biggest bug bears is the lack of knowledge when it comes to driving in snow in this country. so many people don't know what to do. essex had 190 snow related accidents on the road over 24 hours, its just not neccassary if people actually knew how to drive. i've been tailgated in heavy snowfall with my tail going all over the place. i've watched every car in front of me breaking to go onto a snow/ice covered roundabout and watched everyone of them slide onto the roadabout out of control.

so few poeple know how to use their gears, or how to pull away. 3 different cars last week on my road when the snow was first down, sat in their cars polishing the ice with their tyres while sat in first gear revving the nuts off their car. :doh: