Another Nixy and Markie weekend (divs on ice)

nixy

Just got back from Panto in York. Was worried about the weather but it had cleared up a bit by the time we went. I did have to pour water on my car doors to even get in it though as it was -4 in the middle of the day here.......

Panto was ace apart from some spoiled brats sat next to us, amazing how the most posh sounding kids can say the F word in a fancy accent and be totally rude just the same as rough kids! Anyway, came out of Panto and oh my god, the snow had fallen. Had to walk back to the zed and what a pair of divs we were. Arm in arm skidding along in totally inappropriate footwear. Its true though, steering into a skid does work! At one point we started sliding down a slope on the path and decided to just slide with it.......we gained traction again at the bottom of the slope....... :lol:

Nighmare journey home. The busiest A road in the area (A1079) completely covered in snow and ice and no sign of a gritter anywhere. Unbelievable and very scary.......It was a relief to get off that road and onto my country road which was even worse but at least no traffic.

IMG00184-20091219-2318.jpg

tbh i went mega slow and bollocks to anyone behind me and i never got into any difficulties. it's very flat here though. I never went above 30mph and on the road in that pic which is an untreated country road i did about 18! The zed was fine. As long as you keep steady and try not to brake and not to put to much power on its ok.

tbh i went mega slow and bollocks to anyone behind me and i never got into any difficulties. it's very flat here though. I never went above 30mph and on the road in that pic which is an untreated country road i did about 18! The zed was fine. As long as you keep steady and try not to brake and not to put to much power on its ok.

hills are the killer :wacko:

hills are the killer :wacko:

Perfect!

Big down hill to go to the old part of the town than some smalls up and down and just before the town where I've to go massive down hill again! Obviously I'll have to come back too......

I think I'll pass, :wave:

I'll warm up the engine and drive around town for a little bit, she's not been in use for 4 days!

whats it like up there now, as i'm planning to attempt it tomorrow to malton. i reckon the main roads on the route up are fine its just gonna be what its like when i get up there.

Don't come biscuit! It's actually still snowing buckets with more forecast for tonight and tomorrow. I am further towards the east than the north but i can't see it being any better. :thumbdown:

Should be ok by then hopefully. Markie just phoned me to say that it was lethal from my house (which tbh always is as its country roads) A1079 still covered and apparently not gritted or cleared, but by the time he got to Howden and on the M62 no problems at all.

spoke to my folks earlier and they had 1 foot dropped last night and it was snowing then. they said the A64 was trecarous and people were abandoning their cars and police were advising against any kind of travelling unless absolutely necessary.

if its clear on tuesday i'll try then, but i fear ti aint going ot happen.

no point in taking unnecessary risks. I didn't realise you were actually a northerner biscuit???

Its so bloody cold, i left a massive xmas basket arrangement of plants in my car which was a present for my gran. It is now dead........ Thought it would be ok as it was under cover. :thumbdown: