Project Nurrish: Vortech Supercharger

nurrish

Rather you than me,i would not have the patience to do it.

I take it with this setup you don't need a hideous bonnet?

Yeah no whacky bonnet required :lol:

But seriously this job is not for the faint hearted....the pipe down into the engine bay has about 1mm of room to move to get it to fit.....i resorted to a long file and a mallet :bangin: Then you have to align it to the pipe underneath....needs to be **** on otherwise you wont get a correct fitment and lead to leakages

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is probably the last update until i receive more bits....waiting on my AAM Fuel kit and walbro 255 pump.

Broke the back of the job this weekend by getting the blower mounted and the pipes sorted ready to fit straight into my engine intake. This week i will probably get the belts on the stock cogs and onto the blower block...

This leaves me to fit my injectors,oil cooler, larger oil pan, spark plugs, fuel rails, fuel return and fuel pump....Then she's getting 6 litres of the finest oil...plug in my utec and away she goes :) fingers crossed :scare: O and remember where all these random bolts i have laying around have come from :bangin:

Anyway last pic's as it is now having sold my carbon bonnet

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

:thumbs:

Nice one! Well done for going down this road, where did you get the:

AAM Fuel kit and walbro 255 pump < from?

Looking forward to reading about the fitting of that :) (looking to get that myself start of next year)

:snack:

The video of the kit fitted from str8dum's channel sounds sick! :band:

Didn't realise there was still so much to do :scare:

Going to be a busy christmas break :D

Drain Oil

Mount oil cooler and run piping

Refill Oil

Install belts

Fit Fuel Rails

Fit Injectors

Fit Fuel Pump

Route Fuel Return System

Mount Utec ECU

Tap Plenum

Run pipe from BPV to plenum

Run utec boost sensor to plenum

Install aem gauge

install boost gauge

Fit spark Plugs

Reassemble

Mount mesh in front bumper

Fit exhaust

Tune

noob question, tapping the plenum involves? can you not use the spare breather at the front?

With my setup i need to run atleast 3 valves into the plenum...the easiest route is to take a t off the nipple...but this could lead to problems and incorrect readings...so to tap the plenum is to add more nipples!

adam at z1auto does a plenum spacer with built in valves ready for fitting gauges onto. might even work for tapping the plenum.

O really? i shall go and have a butchers

have a search for my threwad on here about plenum spacers, think it will only throw the one result, has links to all items mentioned, and i think it has 3 nipples for about 3 gauges, or it might be 2 :blush: