How much exactly is an S/C or TT conversion?

Nick_MSM

As title really. Excluding exhaust, what else do I need apart from the conversion itself? cheers ;)

After hearing your talk of your past Evo etc I'm surprised its taken this long mate!

IIRC s/c is around £4-5k with TT coming in roughly double. Can't help with the other part of the question though I'm afraid. As Liam said Dorian's an expert and theres also Baptist (who I think has done both) :thumbs:

Looks like an S/C then, don't fancy paying out that much for the T/T. Sorry Val just busy working mate so can't trawl through pages of info :blush:

What sort of power do the S/C conversions run (bhp and torque) ? Was thinking I'd like around 450hp @ fly and obviously as much torque as poss.

Looks like an S/C then, don't fancy paying out that much for the T/T. Sorry Val just busy working mate so can't trawl through pages of info :blush:

What sort of power do the S/C conversions run (bhp and torque) ? Was thinking I'd like around 450hp @ fly and obviously as much torque as poss.

much harder to get to 450bhp on a sc than a TT setup.

Also then you are on the very limits of the rods mate...

Torque wise, a TT setup will have loads more than a SC

Feel free to ask whatever you like. You can get to 450hp with a SC using an uprated pulley but that is the absolute limit before you have to look at fuelling and strengthening internals. I'm on a very comfortable and manageable 410 and that was downtuned from 430 so that I had more low end torque.

In a nutshell, SC is cheaper (and easier to fit and remove) but TT is the more elegant solution. However, recommended fitters for the APS TT are hard to come by. There's not a wealth of expertise down here I'm afraid!