Windows 7

andlid

Just got my free upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 kindly handed over from UPS some two hours ago... it states it takes about two hours to run the upgrade. KID YOU NOT its still sitting there ticking over :headhurt:

Any good or bad things about Win7? What I've used it (beta) it looks WAY better then Vista woulndt have bought the laptop if I didnt get a free upgrade!

A.

Clean installs are the way forward, takes me about 40 mins to install mine from clean :teeth:

Its just about the same as Vista just quicker and generally a bit swisher B)

not when you got over 40gb of work stuff on it ;)

Should have had seperate partitions to save stuff to, then you can just format the Windows drive and start again :p

I have never been able to upgrade sucessfully to a new version of Windows, something always goes wrong or doesnt quite work right meaning the shiney new version doesnt run as quick as its meant to. Always meaning I end up doing a clean install again :bang:

Clean installs are the way forward, takes me about 40 mins to install mine from clean :teeth:

Its just about the same as Vista just quicker and generally a bit swisher B)

not when you got over 40gb of work stuff on it ;)

Should have had seperate partitions to save stuff to, then you can just format the Windows drive and start again :p

I have never been able to upgrade sucessfully to a new version of Windows, something always goes wrong or doesnt quite work right meaning the shiney new version doesnt run as quick as its meant to. Always meaning I end up doing a clean install again :bang:

mmm kinda bit more then that using some encryption stuff mounted onto a different drive. That worked too actually. 1 and only upgrade I've done that worked and rather do a clean install but this one was so 'young' I didnt feel the need to.

A