Headlight issue

Shaun1982

Hi guys,just trying to fit a new headlight ive bought,but upon taking my car apart ive noticed the plug is different,ive got 6 pins on my JDM & the new light has an 8 pin plug.Also for some strange reason even though the lights on my car have the ballasts attached underneath as usual,ive got an aftermarket hid kit in that been drilled through the grey plastic cover on the back :angry:

Any ideas what to do peeps? the cars got one light in at the minute so luckily ive been doing my calipers today so its not got any front wheels on & undriveable anyway

I knew youd be the guy to post Paul.lol. I suppose so if its just a case of matching the colours up to the new light? The plug is the only thing different on the two lights.Failing that i suppose i could swap everything over from the old light onto the new one & swap the backs too so the new one isnt butchered.

Would you of thought everything will be there for the standard kit & will work if i manage the plug situation? Id guess the extra wires will be the auto levelling bits yeah :shrug:

Update time. Just been back out& had a play,took the wiring for the aftermarket kit out & plugged the standard back in and.......Taadaaa they work,which begs the question why on earth did Skepta have another kit fitted in the first place :shrug:

Right question time then before i go mess this up,the new light is a uk auto leveller like Paul said, my theory is, chop both blocks off the lights & just leave the blue & red from the levellers as theyre not needed. Can anyone see why the lights wouldnt work without the spare wires?

Sweet,thats what i was hoping to hear,think my dads going to do it when hes back home from work at 2 seen as im on lates.

One thing though,should i need to adjust them how would i go about it? looks like i could take out the light again & turn the wheel until i get it back where i need?

Quick update, got the light on & it works brilliantly compared to the other.lol. Looks much better too,only thing is at the minute ive got one presumably standard 4300k hid bulb in the new one and a 6000k aftermarket in the old light.

Managed to win another light that says 2005 onwards but looks identical for £119 delivered this time.Shouldnt have a problem making it work should i?id guess ill have to chop the 2 leveller wires again like the drivers light.

• 2 weeks later...

Just managed to get the other light fitted & take the previous light out to replace the hid bulbs with the new ones i got from Hid-direct off ebay. Modded the new light from 8 to 6 pin(again like the other light i replaced) then swapped the bulbs over & fitted the new hids,took them out plugged them in annnnddddddd........

Yup,nothing on the new light. So in my dad & i go to check the wiring,all seems ok so we decide to swap the ballasts over.Again nothing happens after plugging them in.

Turns out that the new bulbs were shafted :rant: One does nothing and the other works but kind of 'flickers' giving off a redish tinge to the light a few seconds after turning them on. Luckily the old hid bulbs were ok so theyve gone back in but wow,i must say how much of a difference its made fitting 'proper' headlights. I can see where im going now :yahoo:

Now i just wait & see what the seller says as i bought them a few weeks back & left him feedback seeing as i had no idea when id get another light.

Rant over :lol: