bonnet with bump, help required

scotsboy

Hi folks,

a quick question that should hopefully be easy to solve and hopefully put my mind at rest. I am trying to find out exactly when the new shape came out where the bonnet has the bump in it in the UK. The reason i ask is that i seem to be reading that it was on 07 plates, but i have a 57 plate (registered sept 07) that does not have the bump (pic attached). i am the first to admit that i am no motor guru (just that i love the 350 :teeth: ) so have i been conned here or am i just misreading the information i see online?

any feedback is much appreciated

so what you are saying is that they have built the car a year before actually registering it? is that not a con or even mis-selling of a product then cos although its registered 57 its not actually a 57 model and i have been sold something that is not?

It depends on how it was advertised.

Your car will have the 296 bhp engine and not the new 313 bhp engine, hence why it has no bump. If your car was sold as a MY07 with 313 bhp then yes, yes have been conned. If it was listed as 57 plate and no reference to BHP then I don't think you have much of a case.......

Your car will have been made but not bought and probably sat at a dealers until someone bought it in Sept 07 meaning the current reg at that time was the 57 plate......

I would guess your car was registered by dealer as they were not going to sell it new with the MY07 313 engine being around for some time before Sept 2007, especially when the 57 plate period arrived. IIRC the 313's were available early in the 07 plate registration period.

I hate to say this, but I think your car was sitting around for over 6 months unresgistered and either during that period or after the dealer registered it, it got damaged noting your previous posts on the rusting arch, and frankly a bodge job was done on that repair, adding to a somewhat dubious sale.

I do suggest you thoroughly check how the car was advertised and what you have in writing and if sufficiently armed go back to the supplying garage and demand to see the dealer principal as I am afraid I see the garage taking advantage of your inexperience......... Nissan are within their rights to decline 'interest' as I suspect that what I have said is what they have deduced as well.

You may wish to check out your position first with your local trading standards office. ;)

I'm not 100% sure and i'm pritty new to all this Z stuff but I was under the impression the later models with 313bhp required the BUMP cause the engine was different and the normal bonnet wouldnt fit? :shrug: Surely if this is the cause it cant be 313bhp with the old style bonnet? :headhurt:

Alexz

I'm not 100% sure and i'm pritty new to all this Z stuff but I was under the impression the later models with 313bhp required the BUMP cause the engine was different and the normal bonnet wouldnt fit? :shrug: Surely if this is the cause it cant be 313bhp with the old style bonnet? :headhurt:

Alexz

Think thats what Sarni said!!

In answer to your sig question Alex, thats pretty normal MPG around town.. Guess you knew that before you bought a 3.5!! Get it mapped with so you can have urban maps that will give you a bit more economy!

Alexz

Think thats what Sarni said!!

In answer to your sig question Alex, thats pretty normal MPG around town.. Guess you knew that before you bought a 3.5!! Get it mapped with so you can have urban maps that will give you a bit more economy!

Sorry to change the subject on your thread dude... :doh:

Normal mpg seem to be a little higher from what ive been told from most members... I dont want to remap the car...Sounds like most people use higher octain fuel and iridium plugs to gain better mpg.. :shrug:

I'll use the above and see what happens.

Thanks

Alexz

cant find anything from the dealer thats says its 313, only states 350Z GT. so looks like there is nothing i can do... :shrug:

If you were happy when you bought it and it didnt have the bump then in my opinion who cares?

when you come to sell the car it might make a slight difference but we dont have these machines as an investment anyway do we?

you car is 3 years newer than mine so i think its B)

nice colour by the way :D

i bought a 2006 model which was when the V2 came out with the 296 engine but mines only a 276bhp version, but i new that, and that it was a case of it being a late registered car.

imho plate number means bugger all. what you should be more into if the age is a concern is if its low milage and well looked after. i'm happy that mine was a late registered one as it only had 12,000 on the clock, which means i can keep it for longer as i add the milage to it.

if your happy with what you bought then just leave it. but if you were specifically looking for a 313 bhp with the bonnet hump, then you you should have done your research first. should never go in blind to any car purchase. if you were on the forum before you bought then all the info is on here. :blush:

Just because the car was advertised as MY06 doesn't mean it was manufactured in 2006. The MY03 model was available new until early 2006. Sorry dude, but you should have done your homework :blush:

But his car is a MY06, its just not a MY07 like he thought. :)