Rota GTR

ug45cwb

You want around a 25mm (or maybe 20mm) offset on them to look great.

Make sure whoever does them for you will guarentee that the centre caps will fit on the rear and will refund if they dont. I know loads of people that were told they would fit (inc myself) and they dont due to the clearance on the hub. I run mine with no centre caps which I dont mine, but if you want them on yours make sure you get some kind of guarentee for it ;)

You want around a 25mm (or maybe 20mm) offset on them to look great.

Make sure whoever does them for you will guarentee that the centre caps will fit on the rear and will refund if they dont. I know loads of people that were told they would fit (inc myself) and they dont due to the clearance on the hub. I run mine with no centre caps which I dont mine, but if you want them on yours make sure you get some kind of guarentee for it ;)

What he said :lol: i bought some and the buggers wont go on.I might be snapping the pegs off & bonding them on

He means that they wont go on.Unlike the fronts that fit fine,theres no gap between the hub & the wheel so the pegs cant go anywhere,i broke three pegs off mine,even tried fitting them on the wheel then putting the wheels on but they pop straight out.

Im guessing maybe not all of them have this problem though?

Where the centrecaps go in the middle of the wheel, they have tabs that sit behind the wheel face to hold them in place. When you then offer up the wheel to the hub, the hub is so close to the wheel face there is no space for these locating tabs it pushes them off the wheel and the centre cap wont fit. If you try to fit the centrecap afterwards, you break the tabs. I believe there is a certain offset that will fit properly, but I cant remember what it is. I think it was one of the more agressive offsets (lower number).

I showed the problem to someone at Ace Cafe but didnt catch their name. Maybe if they read this they can help me explain :blush:

This is the best pic I can find to try and illustrate it. You can see the hole where the centre cap could be. They have lugs that go into the hole and hold onto the back of the wheel face. The problem is the hub comes too far forward to the face of the wheel and wont allow the tab to grip the wheel :thumbdown:

P1010013.jpg

Looks fine with no centrecap if you paint the bits you can see :thumbs: