Xbox Skyplayer

Shaun1982

Im confused? Im not really sure of the point in this, I have a sky box sitting under my xbox, why would I watch sky on the xbox? Is it just for the multiroom acess? Which from what I can see you still need to pay a £10pm subscription?!?!?!

R

My guess is its for multiroom-esque access. Say for rooms in the house that dont have access to the LNB, saves you routing cables to it and having another box ;)

Yes, it's only for people who can't get more cabling into a second room for a second box.

This is the case with myself as we have a communal dish. I was contemplating moving my 360 into the bedroom where I currently have the PS3 so I can watch Sky in bed.

I don't have a multiroom subscription but read in that case they charge an extra £5 to add your xbox. But if you currently have multiroom and paying the extra £10 subscription anyway it's absolutely free.

Which I imagine is only handy for households where their son can use the xbox in their bedroom to watch sky.

The fact it is also only standard definition programming makes it even less appealing.

Yes, it's only for people who can't get more cabling into a second room for a second box.

This is the case with myself as we have a communal dish. I was contemplating moving my 360 into the bedroom where I currently have the PS3 so I can watch Sky in bed.

I don't have a multiroom subscription but read in that case they charge an extra £5 to add your xbox. But if you currently have multiroom and paying the extra £10 subscription anyway it's absolutely free.

Which I imagine is only handy for households where their son can use the xbox in their bedroom to watch sky.

The fact it is also only standard definition programming makes it even less appealing.

yes extra charge if you aren't on multiroom or broadband unlimited