And now something a little bit different.........

bronzee

Well there weren't any cars this time. :lol: Just lots of water and dolphins, 2 whales and Gannets and lots of fish. ;)

Friday out on the Dolphin & Whale Explorer for 5 hours. Saw over 500 dolphins and 2 whales within 45 minutes of leaving the wharf. This is all in the harbour off Auckland (home city). On the cruise they find dolphins 95% of the time and whales 80% of the time. Particularly good day.

Dolphins30Oct2009No3.jpg

This one is of the Gannets circling and going for the kill of the fish below the surface (diving at 160kms), whilst the dolphins & whales are below eating the fish too, both in harmony creating a "workup" to catch the fishies. The smooth bits of water you see is the wake that the whale creates below the surface as they move. :D

Dolphins30Oct2009No12.jpg

The shutter on the camera wasn't fast enough to take pics of fast dolphins. :headhurt:

I saw lots of dolphins off Tenerife, it's great when they swim along with the boat. I'm sure they know we're taking pics of them :teeth:

I reckon you're right. They get used to the signature of each boat apparently, so hover around ones they like to play with. They are such little showboats. :lol: They were skirting around both sides of the cat, and also under neath for 2-3 hours. Stayed in the cabin, as it was quite a windy day, and they were getting really soaked on the deck, so didn't get any of the dolphins appearing from under the boat.

Thats amazing, im very jealous :)

The smooth bits of water you see is the wake that the whale creates below the surface as they move.

very B) must be big!

They are massive. The particular type that were hovering where we were are about 25 metres long. I can't remember how heavy they said they are approximately.

Great pics Immy. I used to visit Auckland when I was on the cruise ships back in the late 60's - I bet it's changed a lot since then!

Very much so Trev. It's changed dramatically, even in the last 10 years. Picy of the central city skyline.

Devonport25Oct2009No2.jpg