Annoying

AlexZ

Well i've ownd my Z since Saturday, on the way home from work this evening the airbag light came on for no reason at all...I havent done anything :angry:

I know the pretensioners are under the seat and I have moved the seat since i've bought the car. I've unplugged both of them, check them for muck etc and re-connected them. This hasnt done anything...What other problems could cause the light?????

The other little niggle is I seem to be getting a groaning from the rear end suspension when I go round corners slowly or up and down small slopes like petrol station forecourts...I 100% sure its on the rear cv joint as I did read these are a problem before I bought the Z.Any ideas??

I'll jack the car up at weekend and have a proper look and lube some joints..

Alexz

Thanks guys, this sounds like like the problem. I'll have a full read of that link after tea... :teeth:

Just some guidence on the airbag light now....Ive read some people saying they have reset it? I guess this means disconnect the battery for X amount of time?

Alexz

Thanks for the link narcotix, ive saved that as a fravorite just in case lol. :teeth:

Right, took the car to a mate who has the gear to reset the air bag light. It was triggered by the passanger seat pretensioner connector. He tells me when I split the connection under the passanger seat after the light had started flashing it cleared the fault. The fault was still logged in the ecu though and he gave me the error number from the computer. He said even though I fixed the fault the air bag light would flash until it had been fully reset by his computer. Not sure if all this is true but I trust him and hes fixed it free of charge. :teeth::p

You dont need a computer to reset the light, but he is correct that the light would flash even though the fault had cleared. You'd need to do an "airbag light reset". I forget the specifics, but it involves turning the ignition on and off quickly (not fully start) 3 times in a certain time frame. A normal ECU reset wont clear it. Its so if the problem is intermittent you still know about it as airbags are pretty important and we dont want you ignoring that something might be wrong with them, do we ;)