Anyone have comments on this Pioneer head unit?

chriswillis

Looks decent bud, though shop about and you'll get the AVH-P4100 for about the same price (full 7.5" touch screen)...

Chippy has recently done an install of the 4100 http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28706

This is the route I eventually intened to take... but short funds mean IPod & FM transmitter will have to do for now :dry:

well it looks pretty well sorrted in terms of features etc but bare this in mind , if you plan on adding bluetooth (whih im guessing you will ) thats another £100 ish so you may be better off spending a little more and get it build in , it will certianly make it easyer to install .

for example ...http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jvc-kw-avx820.html

same price range ish but with BT onboard although i dont know if it suffers from the same usb issue as my avx33 (reads anything but takes ages to get going then its fine) , the pioneer unit i have no idea best to google up some reviews.

as for cut out issue im not sure , is amp related or HU ? if its the Hu playing up then yes .

I think the left speaker issue may have been a headunit issue if I remember rightly. Do a search as I think there was mention of a fix, and I'm sure it had something to do with a ribbon cable inside the headunit.

I got my 4100 from Dymanic Sounds in London, which was sent UPS and arrived next day for £384 plus postage to Jersey. That was about the cheapest I could find that was in stock.

Don't forget to add in the other costs too as they soon mount up:-

Double Din Facia - £14

ISO loom - £29

Steering wheel control cable £10

Pioneer ipod/USB cable - £30

DVD Bypass - £30 (or try the 12v rerlay hack which shouldn't cost more than a few pounds)

You'll also need a couple of feet of cable suitable to be used as a ground, plus some spare crimp on rings, spade/bullet connectors and half a dozen or so snaplock connectors to for the bypass, heatshrink tubing or insulating tape, plastic ties, etc.