Rtbiscuit Offline Till monday night

rtbiscuit

Ok guys this has been jumped on me at very short notice, but i've been called in on 18 hours notice to stand in for a colleague for a duke of Edinburgh Gold award practice expedition. They've hurt their back and I'm the only available and qualified person with experience, so I'm booked off for the next few days and I'm off to Snowdonia.

think of me while i spend the next 4 nights under canvas up in wales, where apparently the weather is very wet and windy. I'll be a group leader and a check point charlie person, just packed up my kit tonight and my burgeon weighs a ton. enough food, supplies and kit to last 5 days.

i'll be back on monday night so you lot better behave. no more dodgy pics please while I'm away, several of my students have been browsing this open forum because they love the car so much and wanted to learn more. so best behavior while uncle Richard is away. I'm leaving Husky in charge of spamming, and Stews in charge of Cleaning up. and if your naughty you'll have to deal with uncle martinmac and aunty Nixy.

enjoy yourselves and i'll post up pics once I'm back, got withdrawal symptoms already :cry:

Ok guys this has been jumped on me at very short notice, but i've been called in on 18 hours notice to stand in for a colleague for a duke of Edinburgh Gold award practice expedition. They've hurt their back and I'm the only available and qualified person with experience, so I'm booked off for the next few days and I'm off to Snowdonia.

think of me while i spend the next 4 nights under canvas up in wales, where apparently the weather is very wet and windy. I'll be a group leader and a check point charlie person, just packed up my kit tonight and my burgeon weighs a ton. enough food, supplies and kit to last 5 days.

i'll be back on monday night so you lot better behave. no more dodgy pics please while I'm away, several of my students have been browsing this open forum because they love the car so much and wanted to learn more. so best behavior while uncle Richard is away. I'm leaving Husky in charge of spamming, and Stews in charge of Cleaning up. and if your naughty you'll have to deal with uncle martinmac and aunty Nixy.

enjoy yourselves and i'll post up pics once I'm back, got withdrawal symptoms already :cry:

WOW, talk about red rag to a bull.

I do not fear uncle martinmac (because he's a nice guy really) and I'm on nixys slaplist anyway.

Hope the Wales expedition brings your body shape closer to that of Jason Statham... :lol::lol::lol:

Sure you dont want to go and get a satellite modem or an uprated 3g card so you can stay intouch whilst your upthere?

Am sure we will all wait till you come back to post anything interesting so we have your full attention and dont worry, your PINK thread is safe with us ;)

Sure you dont want to go and get a satellite modem or an uprated 3g card so you can stay intouch whilst your upthere?

Am sure we will all wait till you come back to post anything interesting so we have your full attention and dont worry, your PINK thread is safe with us ;)

cheers fiddy, i'll have the iphone, but i got to conserve battery life. but i doubt i'll get much signal, no the area quite well. going from near betsy coed down to bala

cheers fiddy, i'll have the iphone, but i got to conserve battery life. but i doubt i'll get much signal, no the area quite well. going from near betsy coed down to bala

So you are walking part of the May wales route! :lol::lol::lol:

most likely, not, i doubt i'll touch a road for the majority of that, i'll see a bit of it when i'm the check point charlie driving between points, but when i'm walking it will be all paths and tracks and the odd mountain pass.

i think we're averaging something like 15 miles a day over 4 days, been awhile since i've done it :blush: done the bronzes last year which is 15 miles over 2 days, doing bronze and silver this year, and silver is 30 miles over 3 days gold is something like 50 miles over 4 days. its done more on time spent walking now not so on miles so you can end up doing more.