Thinking of swapping to a 350Z

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I've joined up as I'm thinking of swapping my S2000 for a 350Z as I've always loved them and have had the S for about 18 months now and feel like a change.

The only thing thats potentially scaring me off is fuel consumption...what sort of figures would I be looking at in terms of cost to fill the tank and mileage out of it with mixed A and B road driving and the odd motorway jaunt?

Cheers,

Alex

Cheers for the replies guys, for you to guage my fuel economy against the Z here's the lowdown -

The S2000 costs just under £50 to fill up and I get about 280 miles out of it in day to day driving with a led foot on an open road. Most roads I drive on to and from work means I'm stuck at about 50mph but I live in the countryside so do go out and about for A road blasts a fair bit too. I then get about 320 miles on a full tank motorway run...probably cos it sits at about 4,500rpm at 75mph :lol:

Cheers for the replies guys, for you to guage my fuel economy against the Z here's the lowdown -

The S2000 costs just under £50 to fill up and I get about 280 miles out of it in day to day driving with a led foot on an open road. Most roads I drive on to and from work means I'm stuck at about 50mph but I live in the countryside so do go out and about for A road blasts a fair bit too. I then get about 320 miles on a full tank motorway run...probably cos it sits at about 4,500rpm at 75mph :lol:

You'll get the same mileage out of a tank in the Zed, if not a bit more, but the tank will cost you £20 more...............

Remember it's a big engine but it has torque. The car doesn't need revved (but quite likes it when you do!) to go anywhere.

On national speed limit jaunt to work (if I take it...) it gets between 24 and 26 mpg on the run to work.

Maccaman is on the money with the MPG figures really.

I did well last week getting from Aberdeen to Alton towers (and round about) on one tank. That was 462 miles! It was about 70 quid to fill.

:welcome: Alex,

The S2000 is far cheaper on fuel if ran off the v-tec than the Zed. I have had one before and bought one for my mrs as her daily driver. She does try and take the zed some mornings as it is a far more comfortable place to be.

I think the S2000 makes the better convertable and has that hardtop for winter if yours is a GT?

Driving characteristics of the S2 mean that my Mrs doesnt thrash it all the time because it gets seriously loud and she find it hard work. The Zed on the other hand has good torque from low down so when she drives it she finds herself just wanting to nail it everywhere.

I think you should change as it is 100% an easier car to live with :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. Best go take one for a blast if you haven't already. The fun factor is much better, than worrying about gas. :drive1

I test drove one a while back before buying my S2000 but at the time the price of V Power went up to £1.38p/l so I went for the S in the end as I do about 16,000 miles a year. I did love it though for the low down grunt it had.

:welcome: Alex,

The S2000 is far cheaper on fuel if ran off the v-tec than the Zed. I have had one before and bought one for my mrs as her daily driver. She does try and take the zed some mornings as it is a far more comfortable place to be.

I think the S2000 makes the better convertable and has that hardtop for winter if yours is a GT?

Driving characteristics of the S2 mean that my Mrs doesnt thrash it all the time because it gets seriously loud and she find it hard work. The Zed on the other hand has good torque from low down so when she drives it she finds herself just wanting to nail it everywhere.

I think you should change as it is 100% an easier car to live with :thumbs:

The S is rarely off Vtec to be honest unless I'm in traffic so apart from the daily commute it gets a good thrashing. With the offset of the bigger engine I presume I could leave the Z in a fairly high gear back and forth to work as the box won't need working to get it moving like the S does?