New Windscreen Costing?

Danny 350Z

I sustained the ball ache of windscreen chips on the way to Wales on Friday night thanks to a rogue stone. About the size of a 5 pence piece slap bang in the centre of the screen. I had it 'repaired' today at Autoglass compliment of my insurance company and was hoping it wouldn't be noticable but it's scarred badly and I dont think I'll be able to live with it as it'll bug the p!ss out of me. Now the insurance have paid for the repair I can't see me getting a new screen through them plus I'll have to pay the excess anyway. What should I expect to pay for a new windscreen fitted? £300? More?

I had exactly this happen to me.

I got in touch with my insurance company, and said that the repair wasnt sufficient to remove enough of the crack to stop it distracting my driving. Thus I want a new one.

£50 later, I had a new windscreen.

I sustained the ball ache of windscreen chips on the way to Wales on Friday night thanks to a rogue stone. About the size of a 5 pence piece slap bang in the centre of the screen. I had it 'repaired' today at Autoglass compliment of my insurance company and was hoping it wouldn't be noticable but it's scarred badly and I dont think I'll be able to live with it as it'll bug the p!ss out of me. Now the insurance have paid for the repair I can't see me getting a new screen through them plus I'll have to pay the excess anyway. What should I expect to pay for a new windscreen fitted? £300? More?

I dare you to give nissan a call for a price on a new screen :snack: