Iphone advice please

stanski

Hello as you know I recently purchased the wonderphone this week, very very impressed :D (except battery life of course) :thumbdown:

So following tarmac's thread the other day and because I could probably spend the next 12 months flipping down the apps shop - wondered if anyone can recommend a decent app for:

[list=]The camera - ie. zoom function etc not bothered about editiong pics on the phone etc?

A good satnav option that is reasonably priced (or free ;) )

The nearby - restaurant , petrol station etc type of thing

Power and file management utilities

That app for making a sonic noise that only kids and animals can hear does that actually work or give you a headache? :lol:

Many thanks in advance :thumbs:

Zoom isn't worth it as it's all done digitally AFAIK: Just do it on your PC/Mac when you get home.

For satnav you're probably best off buying a dedicated unit right now as none of the current gen really does it all well.

For finding stuff nearby just use the Maps app and search via the in-built function.

Power/file management I haven't a clue, sorry!

There's probably a ton of websites out there that will have the mosquito noise as a free MP3/WAV/whatever, download it from there and add via iTunes.

:thumbs:

Zoom isn't worth it as it's all done digitally AFAIK: Just do it on your PC/Mac when you get home.

For satnav you're probably best off buying a dedicated unit right now as none of the current gen really does it all well.

For finding stuff nearby just use the Maps app and search via the in-built function.

Power/file management I haven't a clue, sorry!

There's probably a ton of websites out there that will have the mosquito noise as a free MP3/WAV/whatever, download it from there and add via iTunes.

:thumbs:

Thanks for the tips mate :)

I thought the new phones got proper satnav on it I am sure some of the bods at work have Tomtom etc on there now - I dont want the googlemaps thing. I do have a proper dedicated satnav but not always with me so having the software on there would be useful. (I have tomtom 6 on my samsumg maybe I can port it to the wonderphone?)

Trouble is I am going from a fully modifiable phone to one that alien to me - so will ask these noddy questions - sorry :blush:

You can get TomTom, Nav-wotsit and all the others on the JesusPhone, but they're all very poor due to the lack of battery life and quite crummy GPS used in the phone, and even the most basic TT One would do the job far better. At least, that's what I do having read numerous reviews on them all.

TomTom is pretrty good, I just got it last week. Around me is good for finding pub/petrol etc nearby - as mentioned above.

If you want the most from it you need to jailbreak

Yes but I have the new rom version which is locked up tight now... Will wait see how things go

Thanks

Any utility apps for file management and battery life management that are good?

Yes but I have the new rom version which is locked up tight now... Will wait see how things go

Take a look at http://purplera1n.com/

Used it on my girlfriends 3G(S) and it worked straight away - can't get it working on my 3G tho

oer thanks matey - hmm but will it c*** up my phone? Has she had any issues since? (mines a 3Gs also)

Hi Stan

Can’t really help with the SAT NAV as ive not downloaded one but….

These are the best Apps ive downloaded so far bud

Ebay

Car specs – Car info

Scramble – Word game v addictive

Sky news – Daily world/UK/Sports/Showbiz

Voice FX – mentioned this before, most entertaining

TV Guide – Tells you the next 3 programmes on all sky channels

Pulsar – free torch very handy app

Eurosport – sports results

Micro cars – Fun car game

Zoom in- Zoom for camera

Paper toss – addictive game

Flixster – Tells you times and whats on at your local cinemas

MX Mayhem – Highly addictive motor cross game

Photo bucket – Upload photos on your Iphone to your photo bucket account

Yell.com – Find a business/telephone number near you ie cinema, plumber, electrician etc etc

Tarmac

Sat Nav I was quite impressed with TomTom.

Tested it running right next to the TomTom520 which is a mid range unit. It lagged lightly behind i.e. 20ish meters but other than that I found it as good as the stand alone. Even tho the screen is smaller I found it actually easier to read due to being so crisp and clear.

We have a nice new icon so you can add the 350z-uk.com website to your home screen on your iphone - just load the portal page up on your iphones browser, click the little plus icon and add it to your home screen. You now get our nice little Z logo on your home screen.

Just another way for the uber lazy to get straight to the site from your new wonderphone :)

We have a nice new icon so you can add the 350z-uk.com website to your home screen on your iphone - just load the portal page up on your iphones browser, click the little plus icon and add it to your home screen. You now get our nice little Z logo on your home screen.

Just another way for the uber lazy to get straight to the site from your new wonderphone :)

Sweet, just got this Chris and it looks great. Im guessing this is yours/Mikes/ChrisI's handywork from what Mike as saying at the KK meet? It looks really good. :thumbs:

Hey thanks everyone for the great advice - B):) (Blimey tarmac you must research Iphone stuff big time ;) )

Chesterfield thats fantastic yes I am lazy - other than my webmail this is the only weblink I care about! :lol:

Learning all the time...

I found TV guide very good, around me is useful , finger piano, PAc Man lite (ok I caved in!) Free Batery and still amazed by google earth on the wonder phone B)