intake pipe + drop in filters

dan4

it could possibly be skinned in carbon, but its not a job i'd want to try, to many fiddly bits and mould fins.

personally i'd paint it if you want to change it. good rub down first to remove the plastic texture and then pic a colour and spray.

i went for the Typhoon system got a carbon lid and removed the stock box. it might loose a couple of BHP but to be honest you'd never notice if it has and it sounds so much better.

I did have an HKS intake with polished pipe but i sold out :blush: to be fair it feels much better with stock box on and it is actually filtering the air now!

Ok so if you was to paint it what colour would you go for bearing in mind my car's orange :shrug:

I did have an HKS intake with polished pipe but i sold out :blush: to be fair it feels much better with stock box on and it is actually filtering the air now!

Ok so if you was to paint it what colour would you go for bearing in mind my car's orange :shrug:

have you got any other colours going on in the engine bay.

for me i went with a red theme because i got an earthing kit cheap off a member on here and it was red, so went with that :lol:

I cant see the red/orange combo going wellm would look good on silver

i have some orange samco, some chrome and some carbon lol

wasn't offering red as an option, your right it wouldn't suit an orange. ;)

personally if you painted the airbox orange it would be to much bulk colour up front. you could do orange on the engine cover, and that would work well, its central and the eye is drawn to it.

you can't spray it black as that defeats the object, and if you use a chrome paint its just going to look tacky. i took mine out for that exact reason, its just such a horrible lump of plastic in the engine bay. and your going to struggle to hide it.

i think orange is possibly your only option.

try photoshopping it. it might work if your going to use a CF engine cover, that way the block of colour is else where.

sorry i'm rambling :blush:

Personally I'd leave it black. I'd perhaps have the clips painted or something to brighten it up and maybe add somekind of graphic or something.

why do the simplest things evade us sometimes, thats a cracking idea for a good subtle look

I think chrome may be tacky on something of that shape?