Wanted: Maths geniuses

srobrien

Hey all, I've just embarked on an open learning degree in Mechanical engineering :scare: , the first part if the course is "analytical methods for engineers". Now I haven't done any maths in about 10 years so i'm a bit rusty.

The marking for this unit is done by a tutor marked assessment, but I would preferably like someone sh*t hot at maths to look over them before its submitted incase my answers are total tripe.

Is there anyone on here with the aformentioned mystical talents? I would be willing to give some compensation for having to look through my drivel.

Cheers

R

give me some topics that your covering and i might be able to check them,

i did engineering design and technology at coventry and spent a year covering pure mathematics as well as fluid dynamics and solid mechanics. i can't guarantee i can help but i might be able to.

if husky was here he might be able to as well, as i seem to remember his degree was in mechanical engineering although he now specializes in electrical engineering.

Cheers Rich, it's just algebra, calculus, logs etc etc pretty basic stuff but it's been so long it's all escaped me. I will be doing fluid mechanics too so I'll know who to bug then.

:lol:

R

must admit, its been about 5 years since i've actually had to do any of it, so i am out of practice. :blush: will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction

94% in Engineering mathamatics for me at uni. :teeth:

Engineers cover more 'real' maths while studying than a mathamatician does believe it or not.

I *might* be able to help. It's been a while but I should be able to help with the basics.

Oh and if you need text books give me a shout Ross. I still have some. No idea where they are but subject wise they are electronics / electrical / mechanical / materials so might be of some use until I get off my arse and actually do some more education! :lol::lol:

Hi mate,

I'm doing mech eng degree part time, on mi last year. Try freestudy for the more basic stuff....www.freestudy.co.uk its a site more dedicated to NC/HNC, I used it when I did my HNC, but some topics from HNC to degree do overlap, pulled me out of the sh@ a couple of times. If you are in need of ref books I find the Schaums books the easiest to understand, there a no nonscense approach, underlining the core points of a subject, they cover nearly all mech eng topics you will ecounter. I have some E-books on my work PC, if you give me your email, I can try to send them, depending on size.

Best of luck with it!!

Col.